Workaround for Xbox Series X Controller Issue

by XevonNZ

Original Post

Workaround for Xbox Series X Controller Issue

★ Novice

I picked this game up recently only to discover that support for my Xbox Series X controller is currently not working properly. Considering it's a standard XInput device like it's predecessors and works natively in basically every game since 2010ish, that's pretty astounding. But that's EA for you, right?

Anyway, I couldn't find a solution online for this issue and was about to give up when I figured out a workaround. Chucking it here for anybody else having the same issue.

My specific issue is that while the controller works normally, a message appears any time a button is pressed saying the controller is not configured and remains on screen for 5 seconds (in other words, constantly as you're pressing buttons far more frequently than that!)

The problem is that the game is detecting the controller as both an Xbox Controller as well as a DirectInput controller at the same time and treating it as two separate devices. 

The solution is to go into the Gameplay Settings menu and match the bindings on the Xbox Controller on the DirectInput controller screen. This'll get rid of the message, but you'll lose the Xbox button icons. To work around that, restart the game. After a restart, the Xbox icons seem to take priority and it's almost as though there's no problem at all.

Here's hoping EA decide to fix this baffling issue. I'm not holding my breath though.

Message 1 of 2 (1,200 Views)

Re: Workaround for Xbox Series X Controller Issue

EA DICE Team
Thanks for sharing! @XevonNZ

/Atic
Message 2 of 2 (934 Views)