Re: Hot pursuit remastered controller not working

by Molotov6051

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Never had this trouble until today...updated the game and launched it but controller (XBox Elite for pc) shows up as "unrecognized"

Message 11 of 19 (5,098 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Dear EA,

It seems that a lot of people having issues with the controllers for this game and i'm among those.

I have xbox one controller that I connect to PC and it is not recognized by the game (unknown device).

I have tried the following:

- connect via usb cable

- connect via bluetooth

- change controller settings in steam

- pressing buttons in the game to assign any controls

- updating windows

- updating drivers

- endless search for solution on the internet

Nothing works with this game.

At the same time, the controller perfectly works with NFS 2015, Heat, Rivals.

Want to highlight here that I have a lot of other controllers (HOTAS) for the flight simulators but I would not accept solution such as "disconnect other devices" as it should not be a normal way to resolve the trouble.

Can you please finally solve the issue? Can't play the game since it's release always hoping for the patch. But the patch seems not coming.

Regards

Edit:

After some experiments, I have found temporary solution.

Since I have more than 1 controller in my PC setup, the game picks 1st one in the device list, which is HOTAS joystick in my case, and doesn't see others.

After I have disabled other controllers in the device manager, game recognized my xbox one controller and works with it even in wireless mode.

So apparently the issue is that the game can't see more than 1 controller at a time.

I hope EA will consider this issue and fix it in the next patch.

Thanks

Message 12 of 19 (4,826 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How exactly did you do it? Im sorry Im new to pc gaming and I looked up device manager but what do I look for exactly? Im trying to use my ps4 controller but its not working. 

Message 13 of 19 (4,330 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Here we are well over a year later, and I am still having this problem.  WAY TO RUIN A GREAT REMASTER!  You guys should all be fired!

Message 14 of 19 (3,787 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is really pour customer service from EA the last response to this was in November 2020  I'm having the same issue  xbox 360 controller not recognised by NFS hot pursuit remastered 

It's 2022 now and this still hasn't been fixed ?    

Message 15 of 19 (3,758 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This is really pour customer service from EA the last response to this was in November 2020  I'm having the same issue  xbox 360 controller not recognised by NFS hot pursuit remastered 

It's 2022 now and this still hasn't been fixed ?    
Message 16 of 19 (3,758 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Have the same problem. Xbox controller. Also there is weird issue that "arrow down" button is constantly pressed which makes navigating the menus very difficult, sometimes it disappears by relaunching the game..

Updated firmware on the controller and now the game shows two controllers in the settings, xbox controller and unknown device. The uknown device can not be configured... With usb cable connected to the controller it works though...

Message 17 of 19 (3,577 Views)

★ Novice
@MEX1VAN Hi! Sorry for being late. Not very often I come to this forum. In the device manager you need to expand "Human Interface Devices" section. Then, it is a little tricky to identify other controllers, but it would be normally called something like "HID-compliant game controller". You right click on the first one in the list and select "disable device". Cross check in your system settings, in the devices and printers section, which controller got disabled. So disable all of them other than controller that you want to use for the game. Hope it helps.

Regards
Message 18 of 19 (1,836 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This worked for me. Thanks so much!

Message 19 of 19 (1,045 Views)