Game error

by ConsistentCheck

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game error

★★ Novice

Hi, I've just recently got this game from Prime gaming, I claimed the game and opened EA Desktop to install it first. But when I launch it, the game says that there was a problem launching the game so I thought maybe it was just an EA Desktop installation issue, so I reinstalled it this time using Origin. But when I launch the game on Origin it still says the same problem, Can anyone help me out, please?

Here's a screenshot of the error.

Message 1 of 11 (3,640 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game error

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Update: I just recently reinstalled my OS (Windows 10), and reinstalled all the necessary distributables for my system. And the game works, I think it was because my OS's redistributables corrupted or something, it was similar for other games which I got a 0xc000007b error (my hacky solution was to put some directX files in the game's folder). So yeah, I think the problem was related to my OS having corrupted redistributables or something.

View in thread

Message 4 of 11 (3,162 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Good luck.  I've owned the game for months and never been able to play once.  I've tried so many things.

Message 2 of 11 (3,575 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Also having this issue on Origin. Ran both Origin and the Game's executable as administrator and still no go. I've seen some people say they get the error on Windows N versions until they download a media pack, but I don't have an N or KN version.

Tried to repair the game files on Origin, still nothing. 

I'm going to try deleting Origins cache files and restarting, but I don't anticipate any luck on that either.

Message 3 of 11 (3,557 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Update: I just recently reinstalled my OS (Windows 10), and reinstalled all the necessary distributables for my system. And the game works, I think it was because my OS's redistributables corrupted or something, it was similar for other games which I got a 0xc000007b error (my hacky solution was to put some directX files in the game's folder). So yeah, I think the problem was related to my OS having corrupted redistributables or something.

Message 4 of 11 (3,163 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have been facing the same issue and have Windows 11. Does it not work on Windows 11?

Message 5 of 11 (3,152 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah I think it’s an windows 11 compatibly issue as I’m facing the same issue 

Message 6 of 11 (3,013 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Message 7 of 11 (2,957 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@ConsistentCheck I'm having the same issue even with a brand new PC. How do you reinstall the necessary distributables?
Message 8 of 11 (2,712 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Wieselbot Thanks, this solved the issue for me!
Message 9 of 11 (2,533 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@tallguyfromau I just reinstalled Windows 10 on a new SSD, and had this issue. Wieelbot's comment above solved it for me.
Message 10 of 11 (2,532 Views)