Re: Game crashes at launch giving error message: there is a problem with your ga

by sylviosoares

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game crashes at launch giving error message: there is a problem with your game..

★★★ Novice

Game crashes at launch giving error message: "there is a problem with your game's setup. please reinstall your game"

i have reinstalled it 4 times already, reinstalled all versions and every combination of C++ Runtimes with countless restarts with no result i have the game for a day and cannot run,

i already own NFS Heat and plays flawlessly, and i have a high end pc

Message 1 of 11 (4,253 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game crashes at launch giving error message: there is a problem with your ga

★★★ Novice

Now it works for me, this is what I did:

I reinstalled the directX by following steps:
1. Remove the xinput1_1, xinput1_2, xinput1_3 in Windows/System32

2. Remove the xinput1_1, xinput1_2, xinput1_3 in Windows/SysWOW64
3. Then download dxwebsetup from here and reinstall it: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=35

View in thread

Message 6 of 11 (4,143 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Mand1as 

Can you please check if right clicking the game in Origin and then choosing Repair has the desired effect, thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 11 (4,218 Views)

★★★ Novice

i have done it already many many times, i have spend more than 8 hours trying to make this game launch

Message 3 of 11 (4,217 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have the same issue since Nov 6th, today is Nov 12th. What I tried so far:

1. Reinstall the game

2. Clear Cache Origin

3. Run As Administrator

4. I have Windows 10 Pro x64 (without N), so the solution with activating the windows media feature pack doesn't apply since I already have it

5. I installed the Microsoft Visual C++... both X86 and X64

6. All Windows updates (including optionals) are done

7. I made sure the nvidia driver is the latest too

8. I tried to manually install the DirectX from the game pack (older version than I already have installed)

9. I just tried also the Repairoptions from Origin contextual menu

PC Config: Windows 10 Pro x64, Intel i7, GTX 1060, 16 Gb RAM

NOTHING so far Frown

Message 4 of 11 (4,190 Views)

★★★ Novice

the last 2 days i have done all the above mentioned, i have tried every version of C++ , reinstalled the game 5 times, repaired it many hundreds, googled and tried every known solution so far which some of them are pointing to this forum concerning other games, i tried the "Origin fix" restarted the pc more than 100 times, and the result is nothing so far

the same error message: "There is a problem with your game's setup. Please reinstall the game"

its a pity cos i love the NFS series  and if no fix is coming out soon the only thing i would need to know is how many days i have left to request for a refund..

Message 5 of 11 (4,173 Views)

★★★ Novice

Now it works for me, this is what I did:

I reinstalled the directX by following steps:
1. Remove the xinput1_1, xinput1_2, xinput1_3 in Windows/System32

2. Remove the xinput1_1, xinput1_2, xinput1_3 in Windows/SysWOW64
3. Then download dxwebsetup from here and reinstall it: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=35

Message 6 of 11 (4,144 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes Yes Yes!!! It worked! Thank you very much!!!!Large smile

Message 7 of 11 (4,133 Views)

★★★ Newbie

only the third option fixed the problem. thanks a lot.

Message 8 of 11 (3,890 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just install DirectX (step 3). Solved on Windows 10 Pro system! Thanks. 

Message 9 of 11 (3,530 Views)

★ Novice

I figured out the fix (At least for me)

I will share.

I was getting the error need to install game...blah..

Anyway in the game folder \Program Files\Ea Games\Need for Speed Hot Pursuit\_installer\DirectX

Basically installing DirectX allowed the game to start.

Hope this helps.

Message 10 of 11 (2,744 Views)