[PC] Problem with Key Bindings / Input

by the_SLVRFOX

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PC] Problem with Key Bindings / Input

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

So I originally created a topic about some issues.  Initially, I thought re-installing the game fixed the issues, so I deleted my original topic.  But the issue have cropped up again, so now I'm re-posting.

Difficulty navigating menu:

- On the controller, LB and RB (Q and E on keyboard) should let me scroll between menu topics.  LB works to cycle left.  RB refuses to work.  However, a number of buttons (LT, B, Y, Up and Down on the controller) will function as RB.

- A single press of any button will always register changing a menu topic, as well as changing the first highlighted item on the menu topic (i.e.: Display Type: Fullscreen/Windowed/Borderless, etc).

- Pressing X or Y by themselves to try to exit the game or enter Accessibility do not work.  Holding down on a direction nets me more success in getting to where I want to go, then I have to hold down multiple buttons (i.e.: RT with A) to confirm a selection.

Gameplay:

- Single pressing any button on the controller will cycle through the driver views.

- When I let go of RT for acceleration (and I'm not pressing anything else), the car screeches to a halt.  Clearly, the brakes are being applied automatically.

- Entering the menu while in driving mode nets me similar difficulties as above.

So I've tried verifying game files through Origin, running the game in fullscreen, windowed, and borderless.  And I've tried re-installing the game.  I'm at a loss, please help.

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, version 1809, OS Build 17763.805

Nvidia Driver 441.12 (latest driver)

Razer BlackWidow Chroma, software version 2.21, latest drivers installed

Logitech G502 mouse, 103.2.12 (latest driver)

Message 1 of 8 (5,575 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [PC] Problem with Key Bindings / Input

★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Atic wrote:

What controller do you have? @the_SLVRFOX  

Did you bug report it? 

/Atic 

Hi,

I have an XBox 360 controller. I did report the bug.

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (5,492 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hey @the_SLVRFOX  Thanks for the very detail breakdown on what is going on for you! 

Can you go to Need for Speed: HEAT document folder then settings and remove that settings folder and restart the game up and see if that helps! Standard smile 

also can you remove any input device to your PC. 

If that don't work can you make a bug report here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/NEED-FOR-SPEED-HEAT/ct-p/nfs-heat-en

/Atic

Message 2 of 8 (5,558 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@the_SLVRFOX I have encountered the issue of the brakes being pressed automatically and have solved it by applying a deadzone on my controller.
I am also experiencing however another issue. The camera pans to the direction I steer, so I cannot see in front of me when turning.
Message 3 of 8 (5,551 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi @EA_Atic 

I tried that, and it didn't work.  I cleared my game cache https://help.ea.com/en-ca/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/ and removed that settings folder, and it still didn't work. Frown

Message 4 of 8 (5,535 Views)

EA DICE Team

Did you bug report it? 

/Atic 

Message 5 of 8 (5,496 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Atic wrote:

Did you bug report it? 

/Atic 

Hi,

I have an XBox 360 controller. I did report the bug.

Message 6 of 8 (5,493 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

hello can you help me too? i am facing some serious issues.

My problem- i cannot steer my car left or right nor i can accelerate it or start reversing. whenever i accelerate my car it comes to a halt after a few seconds. holding the W key does'nt works.

to accelerate my car properly i need to keep pressing the W key. same thing happens with other keys. i tried switching them to arrow keys but nothing works. i tried to repair the game from origin but that did'nt worked. i tried to clean cache but did'nt worked either.

Please help me fix this problem otherwise i need to refund the game.

Message 7 of 8 (5,232 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can accelerate but randomly stops even if my car is in 1st-4th gear. If i race and break a little then accelerate and steer the A W and D keys stop working .

Message 8 of 8 (4,440 Views)