Controller not working on heat

by BulldogPlata

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Controller not working on heat

★★★ Apprentice

I can’t do anything in game. My controller doesn’t work at all it’s just in the menu watching the intro says play as **** press A but nothing works. Restarted Xbox and the game multiple times also tried different games and it works please help

Message 1 of 128 (3,089 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Xbox controller not working for xbox

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@BulldogPlata @Infurnal_Wraith @Skiuje @awesomejess12 

Please reply on the following thread with the information requested by EA_David:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Data-Collection-Xbox-Cannot-get-past-quot-Sign-in-as-quot...

I just went through this thread to compile a list of steps that you guys are reporting helps with this:

• So I went to the recently played list. While I was on the “press a” screen and joined someone who was playing Need for Speed and started without issue.
  • My son has Disney Infinity and always keeps the pad plugged in, just tucked away. I unplugged that, did a hard reset and it worked!
  • I had the same issue a hard reset worked
  • Reinstalling worked for me

Elite 2 controller related:

• I then used an old Xbox one controller I have as a spare and everything works fine. I tried the game and the Xbox one elite 2 controller on my son’s Xbox and once again, nothing worked.He has the original elite controller and that works fine.
  • It doesn’t work on mine, but does on his. The only difference I can see is that he uses an Xbox elite controller, the original one and I have the elite 2
  • So here is how I got my controller(Elite 2) to work. I unplugged the USB that powers my Astros which is connected to my Xbox One. Immediately worked.

*marked as solution for visibility purposes only

barry.png

View in thread

Message 77 of 128 (3,635 Views)

All Replies

Re: Controller not working on heat

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@BulldogPlata Can you try swapping to a different profile as a test and see if that's able to get in? If it is, can you go back to your main profile and check again?

If you still can't get in, can I check if you have any connected peripherals?

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 128 (3,054 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I switched profiles but it still doesn’t do anything just stuck on the screen still to log in on a different profile @EA_David 

Message 3 of 128 (3,050 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’m having the same issue, nothing is working at all

Message 4 of 128 (3,042 Views)

Need for speed heat update xbox

★★★ Newbie

Did the update this morning and now it won’t start stuck at the main screen saying to press a but it seems the game don’t recognize the controller wth did you do fix it or give me my money back

Message 5 of 128 (3,025 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@snowboarder2855I think it has something to do with the patch they released. Saw like 10 other people having this issue on a down detector site a few mins ago. Hopefully they rollback the update or fix it fast

Message 6 of 128 (3,036 Views)

Re: Need for speed heat update xbox

★★★ Apprentice
@IkilldU1ST Same problem just gonna have to wait for a fix. We aren’t the only ones
Message 7 of 128 (3,023 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah, I hope so. I even tried uninstalling the whole game and reinstalling it. Still didn’t do anything 

Message 8 of 128 (3,031 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I was gonna try that but since I’m on WiFi it’s a little slower so figured I’d wait to see what anyone said. Sucks cause I see people playing and I can’t 

Message 9 of 128 (3,029 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the info provided. Some folks have mentioned restarts, can I check if you've done a hard restart by holding the button on the front of the system?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 10 of 128 (3,025 Views)