Horse Ranch Issue-Sim mounts horse then glitch happens

by alexandriab12

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[MOD RELATED] Sims aren't able to ride their horses

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I go the sims 4 horse pack and my sims aren't able to ride the horses at all. Every time they try and get on the horse the horse denies it and it teleports the sim off the horse and it doesn't show any animation it's not just one horse it every single horse that i try to interact with/ ride with my sims. I don't know what to do, I tried to restart the game and it didn't work. I would like for my sims to ride their horses please I have so many plans for my sims and their horses. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 4 of 34 (14,771 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sims aren't able to ride their horses

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi ! The same thing happened to me too. At first i removed a couple of mods, also mc commander, but since the problem persisted and i couldn't find what was causing it i've decided to remove the mods entirely, at least for the time being and finally that seemed to do the trick. I disallowed custom content and script mods in the game options and riding works fine now. I am 100 % that mods are to blame for this and i will have to take them all out of the mods folder and gradually putting them back in, while checking if riding still works. That's it ! Hope this helps ! Have fun ! 

View in thread

Message 5 of 34 (14,726 Views)

All Replies

Glitching off when mounting horse.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.99.264.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Having your sim ride/mount a horse.
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I try to ride my horse it immediately glitches me off.
What do you expect to see? It's meant to keep my sim on the horse without glitches.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After buying the pack.

I'm trying to have my sim ride her horse but it keeps glitching me off after 1 second. I've also tried to have other sims of mine mount their horses but it still refuses to work. I then had my sim travel to another area yet the same problem persists. I know I'm not the only one going through this issue so if there is a fix please help. I've also updated all the mods I know I have.

Message 1 of 34 (14,990 Views)

Re: Glitching off when mounting horse.

★ Novice
@vxws Any mods or cc installed? Have you tried without them in game?
Message 2 of 34 (14,929 Views)

★★ Novice

My game is doing this too and I don't have mods installed.

Message 3 of 34 (14,859 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi ! The same thing happened to me too. At first i removed a couple of mods, also mc commander, but since the problem persisted and i couldn't find what was causing it i've decided to remove the mods entirely, at least for the time being and finally that seemed to do the trick. I disallowed custom content and script mods in the game options and riding works fine now. I am 100 % that mods are to blame for this and i will have to take them all out of the mods folder and gradually putting them back in, while checking if riding still works. That's it ! Hope this helps ! Have fun ! 

Message 5 of 34 (14,727 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@AllyRo81omg you're a life saver it sucks that we are going to have to go through our mod folds and test every single one T_T there's so many but thank you so much. hope we find what mod it is

Message 6 of 34 (14,716 Views)

Horse Ranch Issue-Sim mounts horse then glitch happens

★★★ Newbie

As soon as my sim mounts her horse then I hit walk here it glitches and she's back on the ground. Anyone else having this?

Message 7 of 34 (14,666 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My sims are doing this too.. I have removed all my mods as well and they continue to glitch off the horse as well. 

Message 8 of 34 (14,762 Views)

★★★★ Novice

having the same issue. i took out alllll of my stuff but the problem persists. needless to say, im bummed out!

Message 9 of 34 (14,719 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Removed them & the problem still persists, I wonder if it’s a bug.

Message 10 of 34 (14,652 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help