Re: mass effect: andromeda won't launch

by DJTaranis

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

If you happen to be using Windows 10 and have your Region & Language -> Languages set to English (Ireland), changing this to English (United Kingdom) seems to fix the issue.

Message 101 of 226 (39,316 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Velikith

Legend, I've no idea how you figured this out but great find, thanks for sharing!

I've just reinstalled Windows for nothing, can't believe something like this started causing a problem all of a sudden.

Message 102 of 226 (1,943 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@Velikith wrote:

If you happen to be using Windows 10 and have your Region & Language -> Languages set to English (Ireland), changing this to English (United Kingdom) seems to fix the issue.

It couldn't be that simple lol, just reinstalling the game now and will let you know shortly if it works Standard smile

You deserve a medal! It works, thank you a million times over, I can finally get back to playing the game Standard smile Standard smile

Message 103 of 226 (1,928 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Wow that is totally stupid lol ....

Message 104 of 226 (1,896 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yay! Finally back up and running.

All cause of English (Ireland) instead of English (UK). Sheesh.

Message 105 of 226 (1,883 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hooray @baznugent Its not even something you would consider, although someone said something ages ago about the game being geo locked and they bought the wrong zone and it didnt work.  The other thing to watch out for is there is a limit to how many hardware changes you can make (5) before the game locks out. 

Message 106 of 226 (1,863 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Thank you for posting this @Velikith, I marked the appropriate post as a solution. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 107 of 226 (1,855 Views)

★★★ Pro

My install on windows 10 was already set to the English (United Kingdom) setting, but here is what the config page for region and language looks like so you know you are in the right area of your OS...

Click on the windows logo bottom left of your screen

Click the settings cog

Click on 'Time & Language'

Click on Region & Language in left hand menu.

you should then see the following.   set as follows and you should be good.

regionlang.PNG

Message 108 of 226 (1,848 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi all,

WORKING NOW!!!

Weird solution, guys fix your localization in the game please!

Solution that worked for me:

Changing the default windows language from English (Ireland) to English (US) worked.

The game finally started!!!

Message 109 of 226 (1,828 Views)

★★★ Novice
This happened to me on xb1. Had to uninstall and reinstall. Once I did that, it held in for a while, but it just did it too me again and hasn't been letting me connect to multiplayer for more than 5 seconds. Wish they would have fixed all this * before release. This is irritating
Message 110 of 226 (1,775 Views)