dolby vision

by jander1313

Original Post

dolby vision

★ Novice

hello,

trying to play mass effect pc version on a tv that supports dolby vision but when i launch the game i get forced into hdr10. any idea how i can make use of dolby vision? i have the latest dvision nvidia drivers and i use a 1080 gtx

Message 1 of 30 (1,669 Views)

Re: dolby vision

★★ Novice

Lucky you that you even get HDR. 

Message 2 of 30 (1,660 Views)

★★★ Novice

it wouldn't activate at first but got activated when i changed resolution for some reason then changed it back.

Message 3 of 30 (1,637 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I can't get Dolby Vision to turn on either. I have the latest NVidia drivers and a DV capable display (LG HDR) but I only get HDR10. Changing the resolution only helps with HDR10.

My guess is that something is preventing the game from detecting DV.

Message 4 of 30 (1,593 Views)

★★★ Novice

it seems so, there are other people as well on different forums who have dolby vision TVs but are unable to switch to it from HDR 10 so at this point we have to wait for a fix i guess.

Message 5 of 30 (1,589 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

same here - only hdr10

Message 6 of 30 (1,583 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have a Vizio P75 and only getting HDR10 also. I am using my GTX 1080ti to a Denon 910, then to the TV. I wonder if the Dolby Vision flag isn't making it through, yet I'm getting HDR10 fine.

Has ANYONE gotten Dolby Vision to work?

Message 7 of 30 (1,554 Views)

★★★ Novice

as far as i gathered from posts in various forums i haven't ran into anyone who got DV to work

Message 8 of 30 (1,541 Views)

★★★ Novice

This might very well be a problem of the displays, e.g. TVs. I do have a Dolby Vision capable TV (LG OLED B6) but I am pretty sure * doesn't support Dolby Vision over HDMI. The specs for that were just recently amended by Dolby to now support HDMI 2.0 and even 1.4, but since this was never specified before, the TV manufacturers probably don't have that capability in their firmware.

There is a reason no external device like streaming boxes or BluRay players have had Dolby Vision yet. The first Bluray players with DV have just been announced though, but are still not available. 

Message 9 of 30 (1,528 Views)

★★★ Novice

that's a fair point actually but do you have any knowledge if this is something that can be amended by a firmware upgrade for the current televisions or are we going to have to get next year's TV models in order to have DV over HDMI?

Message 10 of 30 (1,525 Views)
Twitter Stream