Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

api-ms-win-crt-heap-I1-1-0.dll

by Slightlypunky

Original Post

Accepted Solution

api-ms-win-crt-heap-I1-1-0.dll

★ Novice

The game will not launch post patch because it tells me it's missing the above file.

Message 1 of 9 (20,785 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: api-ms-win-crt-heap-I1-1-0.dll

[ Edited ]

@Abdieg @Slightlypunky

See if the below helps 

Edit - added link to C++ installs Link is here

kibaszottID wrote:

I was able to fix the "api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0. is missing" problem thanks to a youtube commenter named uppermostking02. As it was metioned here a windows update was required that is not included in the standard updates for some reason, at least not for windows 8.1 in my case. Anyway, here is the solution:

"finally figured out how to get this to work on win 8.1 so frustrating. first thing you're going to want to do is uninstall visual c++ 2015 completely restart your computer. and then go to control panel go to all control panel items go to Windows update in the control panel go to change settings and then enable never check for updates. restart your computer and then go to this website https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2999226 and download x86 or x64 install it then restart pc. then install visual c++ 2015 restart your computer . and then you're done it's fixed I hope this helps because this problem was a nightmare. at least for me. works for Windows 8.1 most likely will work on all operating systems from Microsoft."

Also the link to the video he commented on, scroll down a bit find his comment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gGENDdaKEA

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

View in thread

Message 3 of 9 (22,784 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I tried to install manually Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2017 but that did not work, it throws me a 0x80240017 Unspecified error. I have Windows 7 x64 and the game worked well before the patch.

Not sure what to do right now.

Message 2 of 9 (20,740 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Abdieg @Slightlypunky

See if the below helps 

Edit - added link to C++ installs Link is here

kibaszottID wrote:

I was able to fix the "api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0. is missing" problem thanks to a youtube commenter named uppermostking02. As it was metioned here a windows update was required that is not included in the standard updates for some reason, at least not for windows 8.1 in my case. Anyway, here is the solution:

"finally figured out how to get this to work on win 8.1 so frustrating. first thing you're going to want to do is uninstall visual c++ 2015 completely restart your computer. and then go to control panel go to all control panel items go to Windows update in the control panel go to change settings and then enable never check for updates. restart your computer and then go to this website https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2999226 and download x86 or x64 install it then restart pc. then install visual c++ 2015 restart your computer . and then you're done it's fixed I hope this helps because this problem was a nightmare. at least for me. works for Windows 8.1 most likely will work on all operating systems from Microsoft."

Also the link to the video he commented on, scroll down a bit find his comment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gGENDdaKEA

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 3 of 9 (22,785 Views)

★ Guide

Yes, install KB2999226 for your OS. Had the same error and this fixed it.

Message 4 of 9 (20,700 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Works for me! So I don't need to think about refund now.

Message 5 of 9 (20,643 Views)

★★ Novice

After two nights of headaches, this worked for me too. Thank you.

Message 6 of 9 (20,489 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So here is the fix, there is no need to re-download the files. 

First, you're going to want to do is uninstall visual c++ 2015 completely restart your computer. and then go to control panel go to all control panel items go to Windows update in the control panel go to change settings and then enable never check for updates. restart your computer and then go to this website https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2999226 and download x86 or x64 install it then restart pc. then install visual c++ 2015 restart your computer.

Now for me once I did this step a new error message arose "VCRUNTIME140.dll Missing". I followed instructions on this video "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R3LuYNQf98" and resolved it. Happy Expolring!!

Message 7 of 9 (20,231 Views)

★ Novice

Wow!  Thank you.  It worked.  I had a problem with my hard drive. I  recently had it fixed and also had my operating system returned to 8.1.  When I tried to reinstall Origin I kept getting the error message and your solution worked like a charm.  I did have to manually download each file because the automatic set up  on Microsoft kept telling me that I didn't need the file and wouldn't install it , but other than that it was perfect.  Thank you.

Message 8 of 9 (13,974 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah, two years later I have this problem I felt like not dealing with at the time. I did everything you said and it still says heap is missing.... Why can't BF be on steam FFS.

Message 9 of 9 (2,517 Views)
Twitter Stream