Re: Mass Effect Andromeda directX crash

by LukeMx

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect Andromeda directX crash

★ Apprentice

Hello, and thanks in advance for any replies

I have been struggling the entire day to get andromeda to work. My problem is that it crashes saying, "Directx unable to create buffer" or "direct3D could'nt allocate enough memory" and sometimes even resulting in a bluescreen on windows 10

This is what i have tried so far:

- Reinstalled vcredist

- repaired game 2 times

- reinstalled graphics driver (clean install)

- disabled triple buffering in game

The game runs with no major problems when in "low" or "medium" graphics preset but crashes when set to automatic (high) after minutes or during load screens

My specs are

8gb ram

i5 4670k

GTX 970 oc, msi

Windows 10 KN/N

I'm thankful for any help

Message 1 of 228 (50,772 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Apprentice

Hello guys and girls, I solved my problem but it doesn't seem like everyone has, It's great anyways that everyone is replying

I solved it by clearing space on my C drive and disabling my 2nd monitor, I hope this helps some people

View in thread

Message 102 of 228 (25,509 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@LukeMx

Can you please let us know if downloading and installing the following linked Media Feature Pack for N editions of Windows 10 Version 1607 helps prevent this:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3133719/media-feature-pack-for-n-editions-of-windows-10-ver...

Please do reply either way, thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 228 (50,668 Views)

★ Apprentice

Well, i have installed it before, but since i have no other options i tried, and no, it doesn't help.

It says it's already installed, i have no idea what to do.

Message 3 of 228 (50,655 Views)

Community Manager

@LukeMx

The bluescreen you mention is a little concerning. Can I ask you to post your Dxdiag report here so we can take a look please?

It may be worthwhile setting your GPU to run at stock clock speeds.

barry.png
Message 4 of 228 (50,610 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

What resolution are you running the game at?

You probably shouldn't put too much trust in the auto settings, they often mainly focus on the GPU and won't take stuff like your RAM into account for instance which doesn't meet what's recommended for High (not that that needs to be the cause of it). Though a bluescreen ought to be a hardware/driver issue rather than a performance issue.

Message 5 of 228 (50,596 Views)

★ Apprentice

Here it is, I haven't been messing with my gpu settings since i got it but i can look into it sure

Message 6 of 228 (50,593 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yea, that's what i feared with the bluescreen... I'm running at 1080p but i scaled down to 900p aka the medium preset in game as it crashed when i set to high or auto. (medium setting also crashed after running for 2-3 hours)

Message 7 of 228 (50,588 Views)

★ Guide

You haven't got the Intel chipset drivers installed, they are important and the lack of them could explain the bluescreens. So go grab them from your motherboard manufacturer right away (or straight from Intel, but you might find other stuff to install at the manufacturers page).

Message 8 of 228 (50,579 Views)

★ Apprentice

*, i didn't know that, feel stupid now. anyways i'll try and see if it solved the problem as soon as the game is released. I'm all out of trial time.

Message 9 of 228 (50,539 Views)

★★ Novice

I played through all 10 hours of the trial with no issues, running at 4k at ultra/high settings (custom, not preset)

Day one, no issue. As of a few hours ago, however, i started getting this same error and crash. Ive done a clean installation of my graphics driver and have the settings exactly where they were.

Specs:
Ryzen R7-1700x@3.9ghz
16gm DDR4 RAM

Nvidia GTX 1070 8gb
Windows 10 Pro (Up to date)

Message 10 of 228 (50,062 Views)