by Lt_Shade

Original Post

Mass Effect Andromeda XBOX ONE Version keeps freezing

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What edition do you have? Standard Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Disc Based Install
Summarize your bug After meeting the Krogan on Eos the game keeps freezing and I have go to the Xbox Home and quit the game manually. The game will freeze when I scan anything to do with the story, open my journal, fast travel, return to space, pick up a datapad, pick up the second component piece and even if I just walk around for a few minutes. There has been no problems with multiplayer. I have tried: A hard power off of the Xbox. Going into Offline mode. Thinking of uninstalling and reinstalling but I have seen on other posts that this doesn't fix the issue. Game is completely unplayable at the moment. If the issue isn't fixed soon I will have to return the game.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How long has this issue been happening? I don't know
Please select your region Europe
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds. Issue happens in Offline mode.
What company provides your internet service? Three Ireland
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? XBOX ONE
Please enter memory size in GB. 250GB

Message 1 of 33 (12,014 Views)

Re: Mass Effect Andromeda XBOX ONE Version keeps freezing

★★★★★ Newbie

My game keeps freezing as well, just not in the same spot and at random times.

Message 2 of 33 (11,975 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Exactly the same with mine. Same trigger (meeting the Krogan), same results - constant freezing.

Message 3 of 33 (11,897 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have loaded an autosave from way before the location the issue started. Back before the fight at the second outpost. So far I haven't had any issues but I haven't gotten back to the Krogan yet. If I do and the issue doesn't appear I will post it here. It meant I am about an hour or more behind where I was but I don't have to restart the game. There should be an autosave for the start of Chapter 2 as well but I am not sure how far back that is.

Message 4 of 33 (11,802 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Rolling back appears to have fixed the issue.
Message 5 of 33 (11,752 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have the same problem. The game is unplayable. I want to demand a refund. 70 dollar game that I got 4 days out of. Worst part is I loved the game it's just unplayable due to all the bugs.
Message 6 of 33 (11,097 Views)

★★ Novice
How do you "roll back" an update one Xbox One?
Message 7 of 33 (10,605 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I rolled back my save not the update. If you go to load you can see a lot of auto saves try pick one from a few hours before the issue appeared. Worked for me.
Message 8 of 33 (10,602 Views)

★★ Novice
Okay, thanks. Unfortunately for me, that's about two days ago, which means I have to do all those missions again! Arg!
Message 9 of 33 (10,591 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
My game has been frozen on a loadout screen for since 04-03-17. I just finished all the mission on the Krogan home world and was about to restart the Remnant Monolith computers. The game won't let me access the pause menu to reload an older saved game. It won't let me get back to the opening game menu. So I can't even attempt to load and older saved file.

I've restarted my Xbox One S like eight times and it all ways opens up back directly on the loadout screen. I took the game out of my system and put it back in & it skips straight to the loadout screen.

So I want my full refund. How in the he'll did EA and Bioware release a game to the public with this many glitches and errors? I was just really getting into the game and then all these glitches happen. I was lenient with the horrible faces/facial expressions, floating enemies, horrible omni-tool graphics, bad sound quality, etc.

But now the game won't even load. I officially done with EA and Bioware. I will not buy another Bioware game. Witch is very sad because the quality of games the company used to put it is completely not important anymore. I've was a fan since Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic. I have almost bought every game Bioware has ever made.

This most recent and major let down is the last time I will give you my hard earned money and support. I've talked three of my friends into to buying this game after they were fed up with how you guys ruin the ending to the original Mass Effect Trilogy. Now I feel like an idiot for talking them into buying this garbage you released too early. Be honest admit that you needed another year or two to finish this game properly. As fans we would have waited for it. Now you taken a major hit because you didn't want to change your release date. Bioware, you guys need to end your relationship with EA. In my opinion that when your once great company started to decline.
Message 10 of 33 (10,571 Views)
Twitter Stream