by Avanglion

Original Post

ME Andromeda Multiplayer - Unmerited "Tech Test Sign-Up" Nameplate

★★ Guide

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:PC
What edition do you have? Deluxe Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
Summarize your bug Post patch 1.06, a new item called "Tech Test Sign-Up - Bronze" appeared at the bottom of section Prestige>Collections>Nameplates of my MEA multiplayer profile. It is in the locked state and has no Silver and Gold counterparts next to it. I have not signed up explicitly for any tech tests prior to the game's launch. However, I do have Mass Effect selected as one of the titles from the Game Tester Program I am willing to test as listed in my profile options at https://myaccount.ea.com/.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How long has this issue been happening? Happening since the last patch
Which single-player mode are you playing? Standard.
Please select your region Europe
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds.
What company provides your internet service?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If technically possible, create a profile with the same or as close as possible to the variables of my profile and inspect it in game.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Please enter memory size in GB.

Screenshot attached.

Message 1 of 8 (1,790 Views)

Re: ME Andromeda Multiplayer - Unmerited "Tech Test Sign-Up" Nameplate

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Avanglion Hi, we are aware of issues with some nameplates, including this one. Even if you received the appropriate pack it's not available right now. 

Can I check if you received a bonus pack with the nameplate? There was a specific separate tech test sign up that was separate from the standard account setting signups. It wasn't widely advertised and it actually didn't go ahead in the end, so folks may not be eligible for this even if they ticked the box on the account page.

Thank you. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 8 (1,776 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same issue here. I signed up at BioWare Beacon in 2016 after multiplayer beta announcement and still didn't get the pack with this nameplate. EA support is sending me to uBSN with this problem. top kek 

Message 3 of 8 (1,749 Views)

Community Manager

@Fateherald Thank you for the information, that's certainly not the place to go. As above, the nameplate is bugged right now and will need to be fixed. Can I check if you got the actual pack?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 8 (1,723 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@EA_DavidHi David,

So far I have received two bonus Premium Packs - one for the Deluxe Edition and another that came with patch 1.06 on the 10th of May.

The only sign-ups I can remember are the one on the account page already mentioned earlier as well as the one for the Andromeda Initiative training at https://www.masseffect.com/andromeda-initiative/training-hub. I did manage to finalize the training and can confirm having the special helmet in my inventory in single player mode.

Actually, I am not complaining about not getting something. On the contrary, I believe that I was given the nameplate without deserving it.

This is not critical at all, considering other issues me and some friends have been testing and reporting in the last couple of weeks.

I just wanted to make sure that I have not taken somebody else's prize.

EDIT: To be more precise, the first pack I got was called "Deluxe Edition Pack" and it was accompanied by a "Multiplayer Booster Pack".

Not 100% sure but I think the second pack mentioned above was called "Deluxe Edition Pack #2".

So all in all I have received 3 bonus packs to date.

I am positive that the nameplate did not come with any of the other packs I am buying from the store.

Message 5 of 8 (1,717 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sure thing, check what you please. To get this pack you had to create a profile at beacon.bioware.com (i.e. connect your Origin account to the Beacon), answer some questions, set your account program preferences and then fill and apply the 'Tech-Test application'. It seems my pack was lost in abyss.

Message 6 of 8 (1,706 Views)

★ Novice
I have the super deluxe edition (digital, xb1) and was part of early access. Also signed up for Beacon.

No nameplate, though as a completionist of course I'd love it!
Message 7 of 8 (1,679 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same thing happening, on XBox1, and I was in on early access, as well, but I don't recall signing up for beacon, though I might have done it. Also no nameplate

Message 8 of 8 (954 Views)
Twitter Stream