Vanilla game doesn't launch after 18 April Apple silicon patch

by Nvldia-

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Vanilla game doesn't launch after 18 April Apple silicon patch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

My game won't open on my mac, I just instaleld it and idk if it's because I have the latest mac OS and it just doesn't meet the requirements for sims 4. and i also have an M2 chip so idk... super anoying though Frown 

Edit - edited title to be more specific, added tag (Bluebellflora)

Message 1 of 117 (3,560 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: my game won't open

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Marked as the solution for visibility and troubleshooting

Hello.

A fix was released recently on Origin related to this issue.  Is anyone still seeing this on Mac with the most recent version of Origin? 

If so, please submit an Error Report and send the Report ID (either through direct message to me or a post on this thread).

https://help.ea.com/en/help/origin/origin/how-to-use-origin-error-reporting/

View in thread

Message 105 of 117 (2,765 Views)

All Replies

@Nvldia- 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

Follow these steps to launch a new clean game  - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 117 (3,539 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

removed by user due to error

Message 3 of 117 (3,506 Views)

@mrstank30

Did you try a new clean game as per the second link in my post? First thing to troubleshoot. Moving a few files and folders around doesn’t cut it. Trying a completely clean Sims 4 folder rules out anything user data related. If the clean folder doesn’t solve it then we can try other things.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 117 (3,506 Views)

★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

I have all the issues mention earlier by the @mrstank30 . I even went as far as uninstalling the game and installing it again, twice. Didn't worked at all. I've uninstall origin too, install it again, numerous repairs from origin. Now it "works" but only if I'm clicking "play" from origin at least two times. Scan my laptop billions of times just to be sure there is no virus, and everytime is said "clean" so I doubt it would be a "laptop problem". If you can help me find a solution, or at least tell me if it's something normal to happen after EA release an update I would appreciate a lot! <3

Message 5 of 117 (3,446 Views)

@Alex_Luv_Sims

No, it's not normal but thankfully you can get back into your game. Did you also try a clean Sims 4 folder without any luck? It's not happening to every Mac user, only a few who are reporting which may indicate a localised issue.

Try setting up a new administrator user account on your Mac and see if you can play in that account. Make sure to allow access to the Documents folder when prompted by the OS.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 117 (3,436 Views)

★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

Thank you for your response. I will try and will let you know if it'll work 

Message 7 of 117 (3,424 Views)

★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

Oh my! It worked!!! Thank you so much! 💙💙💙

If I'm not annoying with so many questions, can you tell me if the fact that it's working this way means I have a virus on the other account on Mac? If yes what should I do?

Message 8 of 117 (3,415 Views)

@Alex_Luv_Sims

Great! No, I highly doubt it's a virus. Again, I think it's all permissions related. macOS is so locked down now for the user which is why you get prompts to access external drives, or the Documents folder, or other locations on your Mac. I should imagine that somewhere between patching or updating the OS a prompt for access has come up and you've inadvertently clicked Deny without thinking about it, it's so easy to do. Or maybe some OS files have become corrupted so default settings have been applied. I don't know, I'm just hypothesising based on experience and my limited knowledge of how operating systems work.

Setting up a new user account is nice and clean, with no link to your usual one. There won't be any broken file links, symlinks or other corruption.... yet. All the necessary permissions are in place for Origin and the game to access the locations they need to because you have allowed them.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 9 of 117 (3,406 Views)

★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

Thank you so much once again for helping me with this issue. Wish you all the best 💙💙💙

Message 10 of 117 (3,404 Views)