Re: To the people who says NFS Heat sucks, STOP it!

by GK3512

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Chizou2023 

Very close but missing one thing.  What I mean is that the specialized vehicles have no options to tune the engine sound.  I had to use the regular M3 with an 4.0 V8 engine swap just to get the sound that I originally wanted out of the M3 GTR race car.  While this is small, it's very significant when the sound that I got from tuning is considered. 

Anyone who's played MW 2005 should know exactly the sound that I was aiming for when I tune the sound of the 4.0 V8.  The M3 GTR race car doesn't have that option and as far as iconic goes, the livery is popular however..; had I the option I'd do my own, simple as that.  I never used the M3GTR race car livery, not even when I played MW 2005, back in the day.  I removed the livery, since I don't subscribe to popular and want my own look.

As to everything else that I said.  Consider NFS Underground 2.  The tuning - weight reduction which has long been forgotten - front / rear individual downforce settings - the customization - pretty much everything necessary to get the handling that you want from a car, minus camber.  Consider the story - the buildup - the progression - the end.  Consider the city - how the traffic spawns.  Consider the races - the easy to learn handling that even driving with the stock settings is a solid driving experience.  Need For Speed Underground 2 was designed with not only customization in mind, but very fulfiling and very detailed tuning.  The game was very much about tweaking, tuning, and getting your car running the way that you want to.

Now consider NFS Heat and pretty much every NFS after underground 2.  Presets.  Sure the customization was there, but NFS isn't just about piling on a kit, piling on parts, adjusting downforce, brakes, and steering sensitivity, and going to a race; it was about deep customization (or at least, underground 2 was).  Story.  2015 was solid, Payback was solid, sort of; they removed the silent protag and any idea that you, the player, were in said city.  Heat, not bad but I prefer the silent protag, however the end left all kinds of holes in the story.  Not to mention nausea inducing screen shake, why EA, just why; it makes no sense.  

The difference is huge between the old vs the new, and this isn't old school nostalgia talking, since I still have a working PS2 in 2021.

So I dunno dude.  The game doesn't exactly have that something to keep me playing.  As to everyone else well, the player count speaks for itself.  Most have moved on, some stay because they really like and enjoy the game (and why not, it's not a bad game), but in the end the number of players that play this game now is quite low.  

Message 11 of 27 (2,107 Views)

★★ Pro
@ZeroMcDol This is what they should have done in the game: The M3 GTR, Eddie's Skyline, and Rachael's 350Z must have a special customization like changing the sound, as what you're talking about, implementing coloured nitrous and tire smoke, and etc., execpt the wrap and body kits since they are special, but I think the reason why they didn't implement those minor customizations for those special vehicles, probably these cars like Razor's M3 GTR doesn't have an underglow or coloured nitrous or tire smoke in the original MW 2005-2012. EA probably wanted to make it original so they've went back to the thought of the originality of these special cars in their original game. This is why the Polestar 1 K.S. Edition didn't have a customization option for it. Now going back to the topic, there's more customization problems that they should've add before the game's release or the next game's update; the blower for the Camaro SS, the K.S. body kits for other cars, Ana's 350Z body kit, Lucas' RSR body kit, the Mazda RX7 FD Spirit R hood, like the one from No Limits, and etc. Okay, I don't think EA would license those kits because it is probably owned by some companies, like rocket bunny, since EA didn't have that much budget for paying these parts. That is also the reason why other cars from Payback and the past NFS games weren't in Heat. Some people complain that EA is rich and has more budget to afford this, and thinking that EA is just saving their budget for themselves because they are greedy. I am not saying that all of you are like these people, even you ZeroMcDol, I am not saying that you are like those people complaining to EA. (or are we? Well, I think yes cuz were like saying why is EA like this, actually, forget about it.)
Message 12 of 27 (2,088 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Sick

Message 13 of 27 (2,075 Views)

★★ Pro
@GUCCIxADIDAS LoL 😂
Message 14 of 27 (2,061 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Sick

Message 15 of 27 (2,031 Views)

★★ Pro
@GUCCIxADIDAS That almost looks like a Centanario
Message 16 of 27 (2,016 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Sick

Message 17 of 27 (2,012 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@GUCCIxADIDAS Centenario LP770-4 was in NFS NL.It's weird that a mobile game from over 5 years ago adds more top level Supercars than main platform installments.However judging by EA's definition of cars and custom are the beating heart of NFS.It's understandable for them to rule out Supercars for their lack of need for customization.
Message 18 of 27 (2,008 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Chizou2023 NO it's terrible and EA will never do anything to change it!!😠
Message 19 of 27 (1,541 Views)

★★★ Newbie

NSF Heat sucks.  On all accounts.  Worst in the franchise.  No debate, no argument, nobody can say anything at all, from the music to the physics, total garbage and clearly made by fresh-out-of-college idiots.

Message 20 of 27 (766 Views)