Re: Thoughts on NFS's future works

by GK3512

Original Post

Thoughts on NFS's future works

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I hope there will be a hot pursuit work in the works after 2022. I hope it is like a combination of modified style and hot pursuit in 2010 or 2013. NFS has not had a hot pursuit work for a long time. I hope I can see it in nfs2024 or in the near future. I hope that the work can have two stories of police and racing drivers like 2013, It can be modified or the police can chase the racer.

Although 2013 meets the needs described by me and is excellent, the game has a lot of bugs that are difficult to accept, and hot pursuit has not launched a new work for nearly 10 years. Although remastered was launched in 2020, new works have not appeared for a long time

Message 1 of 9 (1,184 Views)

★★★ Pro
@DecreeNo9 Kinda disagree with the story part, Hot Pursuit has allways been about pure racing without cops or with cops.

And thats what i loved with those games, included High Stakes 1999.
I think you are refering too Rivals from 2013, in that game we had a story.

Both on the copside and the racerside, and that was not neccecary bad.
Only problem is that after you beat the story all you had too do where roaming in the open world busting players\Ai. Or escape player cops\Ai cops, the replay value werent there.

Thats why i think we have too return back too trackracing, with classic gamemodes and mayby some new ones.
Message 2 of 9 (1,083 Views)

★★ Guide

For me, it doesn't matter whether there is a story. Traditional HP is more like a pure racing game: sports car, track and scenery. I prefer to let players play the role of police chasing racers. The story is secondary, and HP's play is primary

Message 3 of 9 (1,067 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I don't think we'll see a NFS without a shoehorned story for a while. They've kinda been milking the MW2005 storyline all the way up to Heat (the BMW M3 GTR reappearing in Payback and Heat) and it would be nice if they finally put it to rest. If they can't see that we don't care about these stories and characters and are more interested in fun gameplay, the least they could do is switch it up for once.

Message 4 of 9 (1,053 Views)

★★★ Pro
@DecreeNo9 Excactly that was my point, what i loved with the original ones was that it was pure racing, you choosed track and car thats it

Thats where the replay value layed for me, because i could play the game for hours. And i could also race against a friend in split screen, the pursuit also where more in dept. Nowadays its too hollywood inspired, but yeah i get why there is story in games like Heat since its based on MW Carbon etc.
Message 5 of 9 (960 Views)

★★ Novice

I believe that nfs is using heat as a transition game before their major title hitting the shelves. Gran turismo for example sport is a transitional game before gt7 hits the shelves in March 2022. 
also come follow me on the YouTube  channel iTake where I race the fastest cars nfs heat has to offer. 

Message 6 of 9 (951 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@BVBgamer88 Judging by the success of Forza Horizon series.EA may add more irrelevant contents to racing like rubbish story and collectables everywhere.FH already made me feel tired,it's a game that want to have everything ends up with no unique style or gameplay.If NFS is also going this direction(judging by recent titles) then it will also miss the driection and be mediocre in the end.
Message 7 of 9 (940 Views)

★★★ Pro
@GK3512 I personally feel that the series,have been mediocre since the reboot in 2015. Eas biggest mistake was ignoring NFS past. But I'm pretty sure if they weren't all about profit,then Eat would be more open for a cannonball NFS.
Message 8 of 9 (860 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@BVBgamer88 Every game since Carbon has been mediocre or bad except HP2010(MW2012 was a good fun Burnout but not NFS)Since next game will be like MW2012 I highly doubt it will be successful enough to save the series and poor fake Criterion.As for Cannonball NFS,EA won't return to this style unless they are left with no other choice.So we may see a mediocre Cannonball after next game fail hard.
Message 9 of 9 (841 Views)