Why doesn't Madden 23 PC have the same features as current generation console?

by CoolwaterPSN

Original Post

Re: EA Discriminating Against PC Players.

★ Guide
@benjamin1919 This is why I cancelled EA Play Pro. Lack of parity and crossplay. EA needs to wake up, or just give up on PC. The person in charge of their PC side of business is not maximizing the market at all. They should be let go.
Message 71 of 327 (1,651 Views)

Re: Why doesn't Madden 23 PC have the same features as current generation consol

★ Guide
@cashmachine28 I doubt PC will ever be treated fairly. I doubt EA will ever implement crossplay. I'm not holding my breath. But i'm also not giving them my money either.

It would be so easy to get my money just with those two things alone. They literally had to disable code to remove these features for PC. Think about that. The code exists, it literally just needs to be compiled or reenabled for PC.

Consoles these days are literally exact spec PCs with different drivers. If EA came out with a patch 6 months from now that added the features and crossplay, i'd buy it in a heartbeat.
Message 72 of 327 (1,648 Views)

Re: Why doesn't Madden 23 PC have the same features as current generation consol

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry can I have an answer on previously posted question? It had been 4 days so?

Message 73 of 327 (1,628 Views)

Re: No Next-Gen on Madden 23? Good job.

★ Novice

It's nothing new. Just rehashed * from Madden 17. 

Message 74 of 327 (1,493 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I don't mean any disrespect to the developers at EA Sports or the product managers or really anyone internally working on these games but somewhere down the line decisions are being made that cause cyclical issues with the PC releases for their sports titles.  From the outside looking in, there appears to be a skeleton crew maintaining these games, which in turn leads to poor returns that lead to decisions that further handicap the next years ports. This leads to stock holders hammering down on further stifling the funding that these ports receive, should PC get these ports at all.

Oddly enough though, the focus we see on PC for EA Sports runs completely contrary to the absolute plethora of resources other publishers are putting into the PC market right now.  Microsoft and Sony are making efforts to bring their titles in their best light to PC.  PC is experiencing a growth period that is unprecedented for the platform.  The common sentiment for sports games is "PC gamers just don't like em" but I disagree, I think that PC gamers don't like inferior products.  If the product is good, people on PC will consume it.  Feature parity with current-gen consoles should be the bare minimum EA Sports is striving for with these ports. Cross-play should be here by now.  Why is EA Sports still segregating it's player bases? This is crazy to me.  Why does EA constrain it's dev teams to an archaic yearly release cycle.  There is no breathing room, there is no room for growth.  Something needs to change.

I myself personally am a fan of NHL, on PC we have been waiting for NHL to come back for over 10 years now.  This is 10 years of constant communication with community mods.  I don't mean any disrespect to the community mods as I appreciate the work they do but maybe EA needs project managers, team leaders and executives actually looking at the community forums here and on Steam.  When your customer base is asking for things and they get ignored for a DECADE, something is wrong. 

Message 75 of 327 (1,532 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry still waiting on that answer. 

Message 76 of 327 (1,718 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I can name one it doesn't have the movement next gen had in madden 22
 And I dont even know if it will have field sense in madden 23 

Message 77 of 327 (1,693 Views)

★ Guide
@younever_know8 100% agree.
Message 78 of 327 (1,677 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It's been over 2 weeks and we can't even get a half assed excuse from EA on why PC is being left out again. Yea, I'm done with this company

Message 79 of 327 (1,666 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Roninx007 @EA_Blueberry Yep, 2 weeks no excuses yet, you ask them questions and even on simple questions they can't answer. They don't have any interest in us as consumers. Sad to see a once great company fail at so many things.

Message 80 of 327 (1,655 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help