Game Presentation - Post Beta Obervation

by Jokill05

Original Post

Game Presentation - Post Beta Obervation

★★★★★ Apprentice

IN GAME

- in game scenerio: send out fg team or go for it

*use cutscene for FG attempt or Punt team with graphical stat of how the kicker is doing this year/game and from that distance. Punter with year/game kick stats.

- Slowmo of scoring play/big play leading to FG or play that stopped the drive with a smaller graphic of score and time remaining. (Like going to a commercial break)

- in game game breaks for other games with big play highlight and updated score tied to the two teams playing. 

- less coach cutscenes. No need to see them on every replay.

- sideline reporter with injury updates. Expectations of the injury (game ending, possible carereer ending etc.)

- minor injuries (could be another in game scenerio whether to keep the player in or bring him to the sideline to be checked out). Causes middle range regression depending where injury is. Ex: twisted ankle would effect agility and speed. Player would also limp when walking if leg effected.

- better team/player celebrations after big stops, scores and turnovers. No single player celebration as this is a team sport. No player scoring a TD should have 9 or 10 other players walk off the field without at least patting the scoring player on the head or something.

- crowds are super quiet and only react to the bars on the MFactor meter. They need to tie to the score of the game. 14-13 game shouldn't be quiet at home playing defense. 

*mfactors are arcade and need to be removed completely from the game. These fake/unreal abilities unlocked ruin the game and make it unbalanced. No team would instantly refresh inside the 20 like TB or kick is shortened like the Cowboys. If you want factors then take in count weather and field conditions.

- introduce dynamic weather conditions. Create an algarhythim for a percentage of happening and when in game it could happen. During pregame announce something like it has a 50% chance of snow in the 3rd quarter and run that code using that 50% possiblility of happening. Could be done by quarter or time on game.

- have actual grass/dirt stains on jersey where player was actually taken down on. Not just dirt/grass randomly appearing on players. For instance a QB never been sacked but yet has dirt on his jersey.

- player intros to start of the game, not just the QB's. Vary these based on network (fake network).

PREGAME

- create a better intro for the game by using fake network intros...multiple networks. (I realize real networks would cost. Fake networks would be okay and give the customer a variety to make it less stale)

- create a studio show(s)

*go over each game's weather conditions, injury reports, hot and cold players, coaching hotseats (end of year), playoff clinching scenerios (after week 14), playoff contention eliminated teams, weekly power rating (create an algarhythim to compute those), highlights of games prior to current game (if any), predictions

- after studio go to commentators in stadium to discuss team rankings, player vs player matchups, coach vs coach matchup (current yr and lifetime), injury report for this game (who is in/out/gametime), team tendencies (% use of formations, plays, players), items to improve on from previous game (stat based), weather conditions for this game and predictions.

HALFTIME SHOW

- review all games played so far that day, not just random ones. Give highlights of games during those games. 

- go over both team tendencies in 1st half, stats, player stats, injury updates, 1st half highlight recap and then gameplanning.

POST GAME

- player/coach interviews, next game matchups, items to work on, players of the game, play of the game

DRAFT SHOW

- Hold draft on a 32 team rotation. Each team will hold a draft in their city. 

- pre draft show showcasing top 5 of each position.

- during draft provide updates of top 5 and special updates of expected top players that are dropping more than expected amd are still on the board.

- post draft analysis by network studio giving big players drafted and overall draft grades.

- have authentic opening to each draft by the commissioner.

- have drafted player walkups and announcements made in the 1st round only. Remaining will be announcent only. Could have some former players/legends come up from time to time presenting players drafted after the 1st round. (If that is able to be done with the nflpa).

PLAYOFFS

- different opening broadcast and louder crowd noise to create a different feel and increased atmospheric feel.

SUPER BOWL

- Create 20 different cutscenes showing a variety of celebrations randomly having only to repeat on the 21st SB played.

Message 1 of 4 (610 Views)

Re: Game Presentation - Post Beta Obervation

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Jokill05 wholeheartedly agree with all of this. Especially the broadcast presentation of this. Let it feel like we're actually in a bigger atmosphere in the playoffs, make the super bowl and the draft actually feel special. I'm at the point where I'd almost rather skip the draft because it's so boring and the scouting has taken a lot of user interaction out of it.

Make the game feel like we're actually watching a network broadcast, or like we're actually inside an NFL stadium. Love the suggestion about the grass and mud stains too, they had them 10 years ago but now the uniforms seem squeaky clean from start to finish. If I'm playing in the rain I'm expecting to get muddy.
Message 2 of 4 (521 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @Jokill05

Thanks for taking the time to write this up!

I moved your thread over to the new Game Suggestions board we set up. 

If anyone has any ideas on how to improve the game presentation please share your thoughts in this thread. 

Kent.png
Message 3 of 4 (284 Views)

@Jokill05 great ideas! I'd love to see them in the game (although I have to admit that they are not among my personal top priorities I'd like to see in Madden).

____________________________________________________________________________________
        Positive Play - Feel the emotions, but be aware what they are telling you!
Joy: you like it! Anger: you don't like it! Frustration: you don't like it but cannot do
     anything against it! Aggression: you don't like it and want to break something.
____________________________________________________________________________________
                   Tell everybody (@joy), give constructive feedback (@anger),
                    ask for help (frustration), and have a break (@aggression)!
                     I try to help out other players, but I'm not an EA employee

Message 4 of 4 (267 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help