Can We get these Ideas for Madden 23 (Please)

by UBBone1999

Original Post

Can We get these Ideas for Madden 23 (Please)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Can we get back madden 2004 Play editor that lets us create formations n plays for offense n defense. I think it will fit perfect with john madden theme.

Madden 2004 Play Editor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6Rt8e5K_jY

or 

Can we get Cutom Playbooks or a save our audibles before a game on mut?

- I hate having to play full games with just a few plays from one book because the other plays i like are on other playbooks. it would be really nice to add a feature that lets us buy from the madden marketplace an empty playbook with coins or training points. u can do it like the draft mode where we choose our players but instead with plays n formations. We can pick a certain amount of plays n formations and once u done picking your plays final step is setting up all the audibles then the playbook is locked and u cant make any more changes. If you missed a play or formation we will have to buy another Empty Playbook. We can also trade sell n auction your created playbooks.

- If thats not possible cool feature for Mut can we atleast have the option to setup our audibles before we go into every game. I hate to start adding my fav plays to my audibles and wasting timeouts just to add these plays i want to use. 

Message 1 of 6 (921 Views)

Re: Can We get these Ideas for Madden 23 (Please)

Community Manager

Hi @UBBone1999

Thanks for sharing your ideas!

I've moved your thread over to the new Game Suggestions board we set up. 

Kent.png
Message 2 of 6 (756 Views)

@UBBone1999 I'd like to strongly support your suggestion! In particular audibles to be set before a game would allow gamers to develop their individual strategies and bring much more diverse games. One cannot do all the adjustments needed during a game (despite the fact that having to do that is really, really annoying and one should use the time to think about what your opponent is doing and adjust your strategy instead).

I'd like to add one thought to this main idea of custom playbooks and audibles: I'd guess it would be a good thing if gamers had to "invest" something (e.g. training points? but of course it should not be too expensive!) if they want to add a new formation or play to their custom playbooks. I'd say that one should have to invest training for making a formation or play available to be used in your playbook. But if you decide to skip this formation/play again, you should be allowed to add it again for no additional costs. I'd guess that it might be fair to add this costs because you might get an advantage over other players if you customize your playbook.

I also think that it would be a good thing if training costs for adding a play/formation to your playbook dependended on how often these formations/plays have been used already by the community. Plays and formation which are very often used should be much more expensive than those which are rarely used. This mechanism would incentivize to make use of different plays and formations instead of having all players "exploiting" the best plays all the time.

____________________________________________________________________________________
        Positive Play - Feel the emotions, but be aware what they are telling you!
Joy: you like it! Anger: you don't like it! Frustration: you don't like it but cannot do
     anything against it! Aggression: you don't like it and want to break something.
____________________________________________________________________________________
                   Tell everybody (@joy), give constructive feedback (@anger),
                    ask for help (frustration), and have a break (@aggression)!
                     I try to help out other players, but I'm not an EA employee

Message 3 of 6 (739 Views)

★★ Novice

Definitely would love the custom playbooks in MUT. Also, I wish they had the practice mode available in MUT. That way you can use your players w/ their acquired ratings & see how different plays would work with them specifically.

Message 4 of 6 (651 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I add my vote for playbooks.  Totally agree.  Madden 2005 was the last time there was a play editor in Madden.  The play editor combined with a custom playbook is an absolute must have.  If it's in the game it's in the game, Right?  Well what coach can't make their own play or playbook?

Certain plays are great but have one route that makes no sense to me whatsoever.  A quick curl route but also a drag route in the same vicinity makes no sense.  Each time I run the play I have to hot route the curl to something that doesn't let the same defender cover them both.  A play editor lets me fic this by simply changing one route.

Another reason to have it would be, oh yeah the same reasons that EA had it in the game 17 years ago.  Instead I go from being able to design my own plays and playbook to being able to customize my shoes........  Seriously?!?!?

Message 5 of 6 (628 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

One more thing, for me I don't even care if it is on MUT or Online.  Just let me have it for my franchise!

Message 6 of 6 (627 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help