Swtor STEAM subscription not working

by JtR_Jden

Original Post

Re: Swtor STEAM subscription not working

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi there, I made purchases and payments for the subscription on Steam, but it is not activated in-game.

My steam account is linked to SWTOR according to my account details shown on the SWTOR website, I have sent an email to SWTOR support (Email is sent from the address used with my SWTOR account which is known as [edit: email address removed]). 

MY SWTOR account name: seanzxc

Message 41 of 1,744 (1,632 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, purchased 30 days subscription from steam on the 22nd of december. Have followed the sticky instructions and messaged Swtor support. No response and no subscription applied.

Any help or advice very much appreciated!

Swtor account name: Daveglxy

Message 42 of 1,744 (1,599 Views)

@seanwoo955z 

You need to reset the password on the linked EA account that account has the persona seanwoo95 (not seanwoo955z your posting with now) that EA account uses the same email as on your swtor account

use the following link to reset the password https://signin.ea.com/p/web2/resetPassword (insert the swtor email in the link) then login on that EA account to fix the swtor account for purchasing

for future purchases, use incognito mode on chrome initially if you purchase on swtor.com to be sure browser cache and cookies is cleared

when i checked they didnt have an email from the swtor email , try resending firstup , let me know and i can check if it arrived

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 43 of 1,744 (1,583 Views)

@Daveglxy 

You need to reset the password on the linked EA account that account has the persona dave2080 (not 9458sxgrd3ox your posting on now) that EA account uses a icloud.com email 

use the following link to reset the password https://signin.ea.com/p/web2/resetPassword  then login on that EA account to fix the swtor account for purchasing

for future purchases, use incognito mode on chrome initially if you purchase on swtor.com to be sure browser cache and cookies is cleared

When i checked they couldnt seen an email from the swtor email , try resending firstup , let me know when send and i can check if it arrived

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 44 of 1,744 (1,580 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The email linked to both my Swtor account and steam account is not the Icloud account you have mentioned. The icloud account i have not used in years and is only relevant to a now defunct ipad Air2, so im unsure of how you even have that address.

I will however try to access the icloud address and change the password as requested.

As for the forum name i am posting under, i have only just created this account and linked to my steam account today to resolve this issue.

Message 45 of 1,744 (1,569 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Daveglxy 

The icloud email must of been used to create the swtor account , that creates a linked EA account , however these accounts can have different emails and passwords , yet they are linked

let me know if you get the password on the icloud ea account persona dave2080 that needs to be sorted to add gametime 

if you cant sort the icloud account , call swtor support when the lines are open and they can update the email on the linked ea account to one you do have access

edit : phone numbers and hours are in https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/INFO-Getting-Help-and-Board-Guidlines/td-p/48...

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 46 of 1,744 (1,566 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have reset the password on the Icloud account as requested.

Is there a way to link that now to this account or change it to my googlemail so that all use the same address. Would save any further confusion,

Message 47 of 1,744 (1,563 Views)

@Daveglxy 

The account linkage is permanent , you can use what ever emails you like on either account though per  https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-account-linked

have you resent the email with the screens ?>

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 48 of 1,744 (1,562 Views)

@Daveglxy 

You should be all sorted now , gametime has been added

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 49 of 1,744 (1,553 Views)

★★★ Newbie

As i am using 2 different Email addresses, i have forwarded from my Googlemail to the icloud account and then sent to Swtor support, i hope that will suffice as it is a pain to transfer the screenshots to apple device.

Message 50 of 1,744 (1,549 Views)