New Game Launcher is now live

by EA_Charlie

Original Post

Re: New Game Launcher coming this week

[ Edited ]

@2b2e5c6ea464756b 

you can  email support yourself as per the original post in this thread,  i dont need to do anything to assist you 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/New-Game-Launcher-coming-this-week/m-p/118953...

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 51 of 254 (1,068 Views)

@2b2e5c6ea464756b 

Just to be clear , you are posting on a player helping player forum per https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/Getting-started-on-Answers-HQ/m-p/11094666#M378489 , so .....

for official support , you can contact swtor support via https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/INFO-Getting-Help-and-Board-Guidlines/td-p/48...

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 52 of 254 (1,038 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

There were changes after the launcher Update:

• a 30+ GB Patch was downloaded
  • Animations were played when starting SWTOR, which I had seen long ago
  • part of the game configuration was lost (chosen layout, minimap zoom level)
  • the graphics settings seem to be the same as before, but in dialogs with lots of light effects (burning fire, lightsaber) my systems cooler speeds up noticeably now

That is what I noticed so far.

EDIT:

I am playing with the stand-alone client, not via Steam, if that matters.

Message 53 of 254 (975 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Works good.

Message 54 of 254 (972 Views)

★★ Novice

Had no problem it work find 

Message 55 of 254 (964 Views)

★★★ Newbie

what EA needs to do is comply with the WCAG2.1 criteria which is a legal requirement around the world

the one area that is disappointing is the mouse icon with the game you need to allow custom mouse pointer size and colour

this would meet certain requirements especially for those with visual impairment

it would be to EA’s advantage to meet the needs of those with disability who are star are fans an example there is over 10 million disabled people in the UK which computer game companies seem to fail to reach as potential customers the number in the USA and EU is far greater

I work for the UK government as an accessibilty complaince officer its my job to make sure we follow the laws of equality and protect our staff nd customers 

Message 56 of 254 (959 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

The new launcher works fine. But I don't like having this forced on me. Ask for volunteers next time.

Message 57 of 254 (942 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am a subscriber with 3 active accounts and have the new launcher. Everything is fine for two of them, but my collector's edition/founder account cannot get to the game. I can login fine, but pressing play either causes the launcher to disappear or it makes the usual sound to enter the game and nothing happens. 

I will not however be sending logs and messing with all the submission requirements at this point. I'll simply be unsubscribing. If this gets fixed, I'll resub. 

Message 58 of 254 (882 Views)

★ Guide

Finally got the new launcher today. No problems here. All is working great

---

details:

- launcher itself updated 3 times (before logging in)

- upon logging in, launcher did a scan of the game files (noted as "download", but it was not a download, i checked network activity in taskmanager)

- then started a real download of ~1 GB (did some research, for me it was 3 movie files, "rep_intro.bik", "si_intro.bik", "sacrifice.bik", the first 2 were binary-indentical to my backup on another drive, but "sacrifice.bik" is a truly different file with a different length)

- there are now 2 new folders "gpucache" and "swiftshader" and a bunch of new files in the main folder (for example a new file called host.exe)

- new "*.json" data files for launcher, movies, retail client, en-us assets and main assets, which seem to hold the version information now (old *.version files are still there)

Message 59 of 254 (877 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I agree completely:....

"We 100% should've had a choice on whether or not we wanted to update. Forcing this on players with no warning is kinda disgusting imo. I mean, I wanted to play the game but I guess not since now I have to wait for the stupid launcher to update. Ridiculous."

"This is what you should be paying testers for, not using your community to do your free testing for you"

"@EA_Charlie so why did the new launcher update download the entire game again?"

Seriously W.T.A.F. -- 37gb file scan to update the launcher.....

I swear this BS forced update thing had better work without a single issue....

Message 60 of 254 (877 Views)