terrible pack luck in HUT

by kyokushin999

Original Post

Re: terrible pack luck in HUT

★★★★ Novice

I do exactly as you say and my team is not bad at all with 99, 97,77overall (C.price + bronze goalie). My point is more around the pack luck in general and on a long period of time. I never get an interesting pull (not talking about 82-84 totw..but lets say 85 +) while everyone around me seems more lucky than I am with the same kind of weekly rewards. 

I find it sad that every Thursday when I open my packs, my enthusiasm about this game is decreasing...  I get it that I wont get a nice pull every week, but once in a while would be nice...

Message 11 of 14 (442 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I used to feel the same as you about 'pack luck' but once I found out that the reward packs don't expire I changed my M.O. 

It won't help the odds but hold on to your packs and don't rip them all at once. I keep my reward packs until I need items for sets and try to never open more than 2 in a single sitting. Keeping it to 1 is my goal but if I'm drinking then I'll get carried away ;-). I also wait for the weekend for the new Master items or Wednesday and the ToW drop just in case I get lucky. 

Please don't take this as me telling you how you should play the game but if you're not enjoying it or are sad about it then changing the way you go about it might help. 

I know it's not popular to like this game on these boards but there's a lot of studies on gaming and how to play so it won't effect our mentals. In poker its called Tilt and once you hit it everthing seems to be against you. Packs are a form of a 'Pull-ticket' and we have to look for the warning signs and change direction when they pop up. 

ETA: Stay positive!

Message 12 of 14 (1,597 Views)

Community Manager

@Jeff_frm_Edmonds wrote:

I used to feel the same as you about 'pack luck' but once I found out that the reward packs don't expire I changed my M.O. 

It won't help the odds but hold on to your packs and don't rip them all at once. I keep my reward packs until I need items for sets and try to never open more than 2 in a single sitting. Keeping it to 1 is my goal but if I'm drinking then I'll get carried away ;-). I also wait for the weekend for the new Master items or Wednesday and the ToW drop just in case I get lucky. 

Please don't take this as me telling you how you should play the game but if you're not enjoying it or are sad about it then changing the way you go about it might help. 

I know it's not popular to like this game on these boards but there's a lot of studies on gaming and how to play so it won't effect our mentals. In poker its called Tilt and once you hit it everthing seems to be against you. Packs are a form of a 'Pull-ticket' and we have to look for the warning signs and change direction when they pop up. 

ETA: Stay positive!

Holding them all until there is a program with sets you want to go after is a good strategy. Thanks for sharing, @Jeff_frm_Edmonds 

Blueberry.png
Message 13 of 14 (415 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thought I was the only one

Message 14 of 14 (277 Views)