terrible pack luck in HUT

by kyokushin999

Original Post

Accepted Solution

terrible pack luck in HUT

★★★★ Novice

Is it just me that have the worst luck opening my packs every single week. I never get any kind of specials players and when i finally get one , its always the junior guy with 80 overall...

Everyone around me is making fun of my situation(worst luck ever) while they get the masterpiece( over 90 + overall) every%?&* time. What am i doing wrong? and dont tell me its pack probability or i dont know how i will react. ( i open more than 500 packs and i didnt get a 86+ out of it since 2-3 months...). Another example is the 3 times xfactor trade ( 5 for a choice pack) that i did and get kaprizov 2 times, couturier 2 times, hellebuyck 2 times... ending with a kaprizov i dont want... ) far from a x-factor mcdavid (or ill get it by summer...)

I play this game for many years and it seems to be worst than ever. I really think this time is the last time I buy a game from you. 

Message 1 of 14 (1,434 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: terrible pack luck in HUT

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I used to feel the same as you about 'pack luck' but once I found out that the reward packs don't expire I changed my M.O. 

It won't help the odds but hold on to your packs and don't rip them all at once. I keep my reward packs until I need items for sets and try to never open more than 2 in a single sitting. Keeping it to 1 is my goal but if I'm drinking then I'll get carried away ;-). I also wait for the weekend for the new Master items or Wednesday and the ToW drop just in case I get lucky. 

Please don't take this as me telling you how you should play the game but if you're not enjoying it or are sad about it then changing the way you go about it might help. 

I know it's not popular to like this game on these boards but there's a lot of studies on gaming and how to play so it won't effect our mentals. In poker its called Tilt and once you hit it everthing seems to be against you. Packs are a form of a 'Pull-ticket' and we have to look for the warning signs and change direction when they pop up. 

ETA: Stay positive!

View in thread

Message 12 of 14 (1,596 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Guide

You should only look to packs as items to be used in sets. 

You might get lucky every now and then but don't count on pulling items to fill your lineup. You use the items from packs to build your lineup. 

Message 2 of 14 (1,377 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I would love to be as positive as you are about not getting anything out of it. Its just frustrating to do everything possible to get as many good packs and be disappointed every time. The only good players from my lineup is the one that I build myself, never a ''gift'' from EA and its like that since I play this game. 

I'm ready for the next master items(hope they will be interesting this time...) , I have so many 79 to trade...

Message 3 of 14 (1,367 Views)

Community Manager

@kyokushin999 

While I heartfully wish you some better pack pulls going forward, to add on what @Jeff_frm_Edmonds said, in a lot of Ultimate Team modes across FIFA, NHL, and Madden, the best players will also take advantage of the auction houses. Any items you won't use, either try to maximize your profit on the auction house or save them up for any future sets you'll use.

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 14 (1,274 Views)

My best pull in '22 was a 91 Jagr really early on and other than that I got 2 players above 86 in total despite opening tons of packs (that were not purchased with real money).

Message 5 of 14 (1,250 Views)

★★★★ Novice

another week, another bad luck in pack... The best from it an 84 primetime arvidsson.. wouou... (my lower player on my lineup have 90...) go on EA, we have so much fun playing all those weekly games to get no results out of it.

Message 6 of 14 (1,245 Views)

Community Manager

@kyokushin999 

If you don't mind me asking what packs are you opening? The probabilities are listed.

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 14 (1,216 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Every week, i'm opening my elite 1(offline) rewards on thursday or friday, and my online rewards (around silver or gold) at the same time.

Message 8 of 14 (1,204 Views)

Community Manager

@kyokushin999 

Right now the gold base pack has a 83+ OVR probability of 2.7%. Getting anything higher than that will be very rare to set proper expectations. The probabilities are listed when you highlight the packs. Silver won't be much better than Gold. These type of packs you can surely get lucky. Maybe even go on a run where you have incredible luck in one week, but I wouldn't rely on those for the make-up for your active lineup. These are great for collecting coins and what you need to complete sets for the higher OVR items you're going for. 

Do you go with a budget team strategy?

Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 14 (1,190 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@kyokushin999 wrote:

Every week, i'm opening my elite 1(offline) rewards on thursday or friday, and my online rewards (around silver or gold) at the same time.

If you're hitting Elite 1 from Squads then your collecting enough for a couple Power up and/or several event collectables per week. Add your online and Rush rewards and you can nab a Master item every couple of events. Plus 17.5K each week to add to game earnings to use in the House.

This is how I built my team this year and I'm up to 98/98/92 for a 96OVR. I used Fall Season collectables & Golds to roll for a few X-factors and hit the House for a few Power-up Icons. The House also has a bunch of inexpensive 90+ ToW and PT items now that can fill in a few spots as needed. 

Message 10 of 14 (1,182 Views)