nhl 23 on pc

by MrGurkov

Original Post

Re: nhl 23 on pc

The number of fresh petitions actually hurts what you're trying to accomplish; I don't think they're really allowed on this site anyway but it'd be much better to bump older, more established lists

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 82 of 243 (1,260 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Since NHL is running on Frostbite Engine now and both the Xbox Series X and PS5 are basically PCs (especially the Xbox which is running a version of Windows and DirectX), there should be zero excuses not to do a PC port. Take the Xbox Series X version, add the same graphics and controller options menu that FIFA has and you're basically good to go.

It seems like a no-brainer to do it as it won't take a lot of dev time but will sell like hotcakes as PC players have been starved for a good, modern NHL or even hockey game for well over a decade now.

So EA, do it for NHL 23, please. Even if you release it a couple of weeks after the console versions, just please give it to us!

Message 83 of 243 (1,235 Views)

★★ Novice

This need to happen. If they don't give it a shot they will never know how much money they could make.

Message 84 of 243 (1,225 Views)

★ Apprentice

and btw its not by accident that this topic has the most posts in this whole hockey forum...

Message 85 of 243 (1,113 Views)

Community Manager

@88774788 

We're not going to deny that there is a very passionate group of PC players, but it's still a pretty small group. This thread is mostly the same responding multiple times. Again, we'd love to have a PC version. Should there be a big enough playerbase to support that someday, it's possible it could happen.

Aljo.png
Message 86 of 243 (1,101 Views)

★★★ Guide

Nhl on PC will probably happen when we get connected franchise back.. which has also been asked for. Yet they add new game modes like ones and threes (which I rarely heard anyone from the community ask for). Recently they gave us the ability to look around in the penalty box.. (again never requested). But the fan base has been asking to get rid on the outdoor option, or at least be able to choose arenas. Or be able to pick our own teams and jerseys. But we've been stuck with the same 2 generic teams since 16... this is why there is a huge disconnect between the fan base and the developers. Yes we hear you guys say, "thanks for the input, we'll send it to the developers" but issues don't get addressed and that's why it feels like this game is just copy and pasted every year. 

Message 87 of 243 (1,089 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo You won't know how big this base is without releasing the game.
Message 88 of 243 (1,084 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo Yep, I get that.. the thing is though that I made a registration here just to post in this thread. I usually don't go to forums and post(I mainly read). Im sure there are a lot of people that just read these forums from time to time and there is a much larger group of people that don't even scroll thru the froums, but as soon as NHL is released for PC, they are gonna buy the game.

What would have been the number of people post if things were reversed(EA has nhl only for PC but not for XBOX or PS)?!? Im pretty sure that much smaller group of people would've posted and asking for the game to be released for consoles.
Message 89 of 243 (1,075 Views)

★ Apprentice

ps - so petitions or number of posts in a thread shouldnt be an indication of what would be the number of people that would buy the game if released on PC. EA, JUST DO IT!

Message 90 of 243 (1,073 Views)