Why can't NHL22 be on pc?

by bruhmoment289

Original Post

Re: Why can't NHL22 be on pc?

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo What port are you talking about? The game... any game that I last checked is being developed on a PC, going on nearly 50 years now. EA can't even come up with good excuses, how low the mighty have fallen.
Message 41 of 47 (1,811 Views)

Community Manager

@JMLakss wrote:
@EA_Aljo Now read that statement out loud again - "Hockey, even when ice isn't involved, tends to be a sport that you can't just pick up and play without having specialized equipment"
Seriously?? Millions of people would play NHL simply because of the reason that they can't afford the sport in real life etc. And don't get me started on ice hockey support in northern hemisphere, it's a known fact it's the most popular winter sports. This just proves how little EA actually care or even listen to their community.

I'm talking about why hockey isn't as popular worldwide as other more accessible sports.

As far as the game being built on PC, but not released on that platform goes, almost every single game is made on a PC. There are games made on Linux and Mac machines that don't release on those consoles. So, the game needs drastic changes to play on PC, Not to mention the infrastructure and support. I realize you feel this is as simple as flipping a switch, but if it were that easy, it would have been done by now.  

Aljo.png
Message 42 of 47 (1,788 Views)

★★★ Newbie

To the question of more popular sports games than hockey. That is, in your opinion, AMERICAN football is more popular ALL OVER THE WORLD than hockey, and therefore it has been released on PC for several years in a row?

Another point about the fact that hockey requires a lot of money. So maybe that's why people are looking for opportunities to play hockey for just $50+? The argument is pretty bad. In addition, you do not pay attention to the part of the people who watch sports on TV. Yes, more people play football, because, apart from the ball and clothes, nothing is needed, but there are many countries where hockey is watched more on TV than football (simply because at the world level in Russia they don’t know how to play football, in different from hockey). A huge number of people will buy NHL on PC if it is a quality product and not just a copy of an old game with minor tweaks. Even if the keyboard controls are extremely bad, to hell with it, buying an gamepad is not a problem. Moreover, more than 10 years have passed since the last release of the NHL on the PC. Maybe it's worth at least 1 time in all these years to release a game on a PC to check if it's worth it or not? I don't believe EA doesn't have the funds to release a one-time game on PC to see if it's worth releasing in the future or not. The game will definitely pay off in part, so if it fails, EA won't lose much. And if the game still does not pay off. then the players themselves will be to blame and EA will already have undeniable arguments in favor of not releasing the game on the PC in the future, instead of throwing empty words at the fans. 95% of people do not understand anything about your marketing schemes and other things for business, for them all your arguments "it's not profitable because ..." are just empty words. Yes, in fact, the same funds for the development of NHL 23 could be spent on the PC version, and instead of copy-pasting version 22 (let's be honest, there is very little difference), it would be possible not to release the game for 1 year, but to do much more new content and roll out the PC version.

And a small digression from the topic, since I wrote about Russia. I'll tell you a secret: in Russia they still continue to buy your games. Not so active, but they are buying. And you will do nothing about it, except to disconnect all of Russia from the Internet.
Also why is there no Russian language in NHL 23? It is spoken not only in Russia, even in
The United States has entire Russian quarters in cities. Why bring the conflicts of the world into the world of games? This is not our war. And anyway, if EA left the Russian market, why the hell are there still articles in Russian about games that are not available for sale in Russia??? You decide whether you make content for the Russian-speaking audience (like news about games) or do nothing at all for the Russian-speaking audience (lack of language in the game). Logic has left the chat.

Sorry in advance if my words seem rude, I'm just a player, I play games and I want to continue playing games like everyone else.

Message 43 of 47 (1,530 Views)

★★★ Newbie

We have Madden and  FIFA on PC...What's the problem with NHL series?

WE WANT NHL ON PC !!!

Message 44 of 47 (1,228 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@RoUndBrICK379 Casey Powell is making another lacrosse game so at least hockey and lax ppl will have that to shove in the face of EA.
Message 45 of 47 (784 Views)

Re: NHL - PC Version Please

★★★ Newbie
@rchwallace Please Have NHL 24 On PC
Message 46 of 47 (437 Views)

Re: We need NHL on PC

★★★ Newbie

I just want my nhl 09 to work again

Message 47 of 47 (71 Views)