NHL 23 Franchise Wishlist!

by AEZ1

Original Post

Re: NHL 23 Wishlist! Yes Already!

★★ Guide

This list has been going for a while, please take the 25 year cap off franchise mode. And gives us better contact options and make it where players can change their platelets if they are paid with a coach long enough. It sucks having to find a coach that has great chemistry. Chemistry isn't just boom there, it needs to grow. 

Message 61 of 70 (1,230 Views)

Re: NHL 23 Franchise Wishlist!

★★★★ Guide
@SuperGoalies

"sometimes in NHL 22, AI Human CPU Abandons playing defense and or leaves open cross crease shot."

Yeah, oddly the human teammate AI and the opponent AI act wildly differently. Your players will not steal a puck for the life of them unless you're controlling them, but the opponent's AI will steal every single puck within 6 feet of them. I rarely pass because it is so rare that it works.
Message 62 of 70 (1,183 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Put the Hats in for the Hatty! This has really taken away from the HAT TRICK! 

Message 63 of 70 (1,170 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

We would love multiple teams available in Franchise mode. 

Message 64 of 70 (1,148 Views)

★★★ Novice

I also like the idea of putting signed European players back to those leagues for playing time if the AHL becomes too cluttered.

A few more ideas

1) Customize scouting

-Like the Coaching staffs.  If I choose to have 20 OHL scouts then have the game create them.

-Assign an amateur scout to a specific team.

-Assign a pro scout to a specific player.

2) Differentiate Franchise from Expansion Franchise

Franchise.  You take control of an existing franchise and begin playing.

Expansion Franchise.

Duplicate Seattle and Vegas.

Seattle was founded December 4, 2018 and began playing in the 2021-2022 season.

Give the user the option to create a new team and begin playing that first year or in year 4.  I think Gerard Gallant was hired before the Expansion Draft.

So you can choose to play right away and have to create everything right away under the current system, or you can choose to play in year 2,3, or 4 and build up over time.  Starting with only a Team Location.  Paint your franchise how you want it.

Year 1 you start with the current prospect list and by year 4 the real prospects are cycled out and you start with prospects that you've scouted for 3 seasons.

3) Faceoff strategies

a. Teams are using offensive zone faceoffs as Power Play chances.  They are flipping wingers and defensemen to get quick passing plays and one-timers.  Choose to flip wingers, defensemen, both, or neither on offensive zone faceoffs.

b. Teams are flipping defensemen on defensive zone faceoffs.  A lefty in the defensive right circle can quickly send the puck around the boards to the open side of the defensive zone.  Choose to flip defensemen or not.

c. Penalty Kill.  Many teams in the CHL are flipping defensemen on the PK to block the down low to slot pass more easily.

For me, the most important addition would be the customizable coaching staffs from the start.  I am always firing most or all of my coaches before  we play our first game.  The draft is toast and my #1 pick is often obsolete immediately.

Message 65 of 70 (1,141 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@BingoXXII 

DANG, I just read your list and you have a masterful idea! The only thing that I would like to add to that, is the ability to adjust the attributes of the player and edit positions to make it fully editable from year to year! Especially if a coach retires or you want to move on from a coach, you can edit his schemes to fit your current roster

Message 66 of 70 (1,102 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I’m not a huge NBA fan, but I enjoyed playing NBA2k18-22 because you could add up to 6 teams throughout the franchise mode. In a 25 year franchise there should be at least 4 more teams and we must have that ability to add and create them. I also think we need to be able to toggle back and forth between franchises. If in year one I want to be the  of MTL and I feel like trading for Shane Wright in year 3 and offering Seattle a 7th round pick for him, well I should be able to force that trade, or if I want to load up on team with all the 1st round picks then I should be able to control every team and do just that. Not allowing us the consumer to do this just ruins the fun aspect of creating our own versions of what we want our hockey league to look like. I get frustrated with EA SPORTS considering they are allowing Madden players to edit everything in a franchise mode and the hockey is and afterthought.

@EA_Blueberry please please help us out! These aren’t important to everyone, but they are important to a majority of us who faithfully spend our hard earned money on the game only to be disappointed with the gameplay year to year!

Message 67 of 70 (1,084 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please add more teams to franchise mode or let u have 5 seasons of season mode . The game is good but it gets boring playing one team every year  EA  used to let you do this I don’t get why you guys can’t be like madden 

Message 68 of 70 (1,056 Views)

★★★ Newbie

First I just want to say that I love this game and have been playing since it came out as NHL hockey for Sega Genesis and the NHLPA 93. 

Great suggestions from everyone as well - with all that said I’d love to see the online cloud franchise mode of Madden and NBA 2K3 where you can invite friends into your league to control their own franchise. 

I also hope that there has been improvement in how attributes are generated for players in later years. I found that there were players with really oddly dispersed skills like 99 acceleration but 71 speed. Or a sniper who’s passing is 99 and shot is 70. Furthermore, Madden does a fantastic job of allowing coaches to place tasks on players such as interceptions or sacks, players offering to mentor rookies, etc. it enhances the realism and makes for a much better storyline. Fiddling with the number of games etc doesn’t thrill me as I’d never change that anyways. To me those are things that aren’t really a major feature. 

Also I would be cool if you brought back the ability to use your picture to create a face in the game. Having stock faces isn’t really my idea of being a pro in the game. 

thanks!

Message 69 of 70 (863 Views)

★ Apprentice

There are rarely good goalies when you have a Franchise 15-20 years old, the sim engine does not seem to develop enough 88+ goalies.

Message 70 of 70 (829 Views)