Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

NHL 22 Closed Technical Test is now LIVE!

by clappy_NHL

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NHL 22 Closed Technical Test is now LIVE!

[ Edited ]
EA NHL Team

NHL 22 Closed Technical Test Details

Here are all the details you need to know about the NHL® 22 Closed Technical Test*.

Our main goal is to stress test the online servers and collect your feedback as early as possible to ensure NHL 22 is the best game possible for our players.

Below we are going to focus on NHL 22 Closed Technical Test details including rules, known issues, things to look out for, and, of course, where to leave your feedback.

We are excited to hear your thoughts on NHL 22, so without further ado, let’s get into it!

What is included in the NHL 22 Closed Technical Test

Here is everything in the NHL 22 Closed Technical Test: 

World of Chel

• Pro-Am
  • Ones Eliminator
  • Threes Eliminator
  • EASHL Drop-in (3v3 and 6v6)
  • EASHL Clubs (3v3 and 6v6)

NHL 22 Closed Technical Test Rules

When participating in the NHL 22 Closed Technical Test, participation is subject to the NHL 22 Pre-Release Feedback Agreement in-game and participants must refrain from recording, streaming and/or capturing any portion of the Technical Test content. Failure to do so can result in penalties from removal from the Playtest up to complete bans on all EA Accounts.

How Participants Can Download the NHL 22 Closed Technical Test

To download the NHL 22 Closed Technical Test to your console, players who have received a code must follow the instructions below:

To Download on Playstation:

• Use your existing Sony Entertainment Network account on PSN™.
  • Select the PlayStation®Store icon on the system home screen.
  • Select Redeem Codes at the bottom of the menu on the PlayStation®Store.
  • Enter the code and get ready to play.

To Download on Xbox: 

• Go to Games under Store.
  • Select Use a Code. Or say with Kinect, "Xbox, use code."
  • Sign in if prompted.
  • Select or enter the 25-character code and get ready to play.

Feedback on the NHL 22 Closed Technical Test

Feedback is extremely important to us. We want to ensure our team gets participant feedback to continue making updates and improvements to NHL 22 so it has what our players want and need.

Playtest participants may submit additional feedback through our Closed Technical Test forums

Community Frequently Asked Questions

Q: If I did not sign up to be included in the NHL 22 Closed Technical Test at the registration site, what is the best way to get access to the Technical Test?

If you follow our social channels on Twitter (i.e. @EASPORTSNHL, etc.), there may be opportunities to receive an extra giveaway code to participate in the NHL 22 Closed Technical Test

NHL 22 Closed Technical Test Known Issues

Gameplay

1. X-factor ability tuning
  2. Ability indicator state tuning
  3. AI gap control tuning
  4. Penalty balance tuning
  5. Stick in physics around board consistency
  6. Protect puck consistency
  7. Between legs deflection accuracy
  8. Interception animations off the ice allowing puck to go through
  9. Goalie AI rarely getting stuck in a cover loop
  10. Goalies getting too far ahead when tracking a laterally moving puck
  11. AI goalies poke check frequency
  12. Goal scoring balance
  13. Shootout/Penalty shot scoring balance
  14. Haptic and vibration tuning not final
  15. Haptic feedback may stay enabled if you have it disabled but your teammates still have it active
  16. Defender facing angles: skaters sometimes face the net and away from the passing lane

WOC

1. Select Mode option shown in Post Matchup when it shouldn’t be available
  2. Eliminators Dressing Rooms show large Matchmaking widget
  3. A number of screens that contain similar colored text/buttons as the backgrounds which make them difficult to read
  4. 2D jersey renders of club jerseys in the Dressing Room appear corrupted or visually inaccurate in color and or are squished
  5. Sometimes bags are available but cannot be opened. This can be rectified by leaving/re-entering the mode
  6. Custom club jerseys default to black instead of the club creator’s favorite team colors
  7. In the rare case, player may encounter loss of dressing room functionality on first time boot. Issue is resolved by restarting the game
  8. EASHL: Attempting to use 'Invite Player To Club' may cause the game to hang

*As a condition to participating in the Technical Test, you may not share, publish, disclose, distribute, transmit, post or make available any content within the NHL 22 Technical Test until EA publicly releases the game or the contents you are reviewing. Breaching this restriction may result in you being excluded from future programs like this.

AN EMAIL INVITE DOES NOT GUARANTEE ACCESS TO THE NHL 22 TECHNICAL TEST. REQUIRES INTERNET CONNECTION, EA ACCOUNT, ACCEPTANCE OF ( I ) PRE-RELEASE FEEDBACK AGREEMENT, (II) PRIVACY & COOKIE POLICY, AND (III) EA USER AGREEMENT, A XBOX LIVE GOLD OR PLAYSTATION PLUS SUBSCRIPTION (BOTH SOLD SEPARATELY). MUST BE 18+. GAMEPLAY PROGRESS, ACHIEVEMENTS, CHARACTERS, CHARACTER DATA AND/OR ANY OTHER VALUE OR STATUS INDICATORS ACHIEVED IN THE NHL 22 TECHNICAL TEST WILL NOT TRANSFER TO NHL 22 MAIN GAME. NHL 22 IS PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE, MAY CONTAIN ERRORS/DEFECTS AND IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY.

Message 1 of 135 (22,606 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: NHL 22 Closed Technical Test is now LIVE!

Community Manager

The NHL 22 Closed Technical Test has ended. Closing discussion.

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 135 of 135 (2,061 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Excuse me, Clappy! I got my code, and I've started to download the technical test. But is it supposed to be titled "WATER BUFFALO"? Just asking, because I want to make sure I'm downloading what I'm supposed to, and not a virus or something like that. I'm pretty sure I'm not leaking anything inside the beta, since the screenshot below is my PS4 dashboard downloading "WATER BUFFALO", with the NHL 22 logo as the cover

Message 2 of 135 (19,810 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@clappy_NHL Havent got my code can u help me?
Message 3 of 135 (19,507 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi there @clappy_NHL and @Ea_Aljo got an Xbox code but i signed up for ps5 is there a way i can get a ps5 code please thanks

Message 4 of 135 (19,488 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@arvidindians 

Your account wasn't sent a code. If you registered, it's possible this was done on a different account so please check any other email accounts you may have used.

@Mickelraven 

It should update to say NHL 22 after you've launched it once.

Aljo.png
Message 5 of 135 (19,367 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I guess it was code-named water buffalo but that's the game

Message 6 of 135 (19,320 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There is no exhibition mode to play with NHL Teams? Or will that be in the real beta 

Message 7 of 135 (19,305 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Aljo  Thank you! Standard smile

Message 8 of 135 (19,218 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got code...typed it in and the download stopped immediately saying it's not a compatible version..I have a regular Xbox one

Message 9 of 135 (19,057 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Aljo i got a code from a friend but it isnt working. Can i get a new one?
Message 10 of 135 (19,009 Views)
Twitter Stream

nhl-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help