EA doesn’t deserve us anymore

by OhCanada1867

Original Post

EA doesn’t deserve us anymore

★★★ Novice

Been a loyal NHL fan for awhile now and just got back into HUT. Big mistake. Genuinely don’t know what the people at EA are doing. How is it everyone I go up against has 95 overall players on their 4th line. I’ve been playing awhile and having a lot of fun and I can’t do * ANYTHING!!!!!

How hard can it possibly be to make a decent match making system. U see that I’m getting killed every damn game so u think keep matching me with the same kind of opponents is gonna help. Like at this point i should honestly just throw games so that I can play actual fun games. But even then I bet their teams can still skate circles around me. 

So thanks EA, I’m done with this game, I’ll just keep 22 and play offline modes next year when hut dies. You’ve shown no desire to make the game fun for people who don’t want to spend $1000 on the game so u know what I’m done. Hope it was worth it

Message 1 of 7 (659 Views)

Re: EA doesn’t deserve us anymore

Hero

There just isn’t enough of a player base to allow same level match making in HUT at this time of year. Even guys who have been playing since launch are complaining that they keep finding top 10 players. Blame it on the console split, game un-popularity or whatever else, but it’s not going to be a fair or fun experience jumping into HUT online right now.

•—————————————————•

If a message helped you, please give it XP! Click the XP button at the bottom of the post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Not an EA employee

Banner AHQ Hero Mass Effect.png

Message 2 of 7 (616 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Socair I'm D9 and losing also to Div 1 teams. Yes I don't lose many points but losing isn't fun either. Like it is pointless to play HUT. GWC is on its way and it will be a mess with the constant looping, desyncs, broken AI positioning, etc. Even top players aren't having fun and would rather play something else. As consumers who paid good money, we deserved some passion dedicated to fixing this game. I tried to be constructive as possible. Although this is getting out of hand. Maybe they should wait on NHL 23 and do something with NHL 22.

Modes like BAP and Franchise are missing so many features that were removed. Like the option to play a full junior season or get sent to the AHL. Game has become only about stardom and Harlem Globtrotter moves. This is more arcade than realistic. Might be time to just fold as a company at this point...
Message 3 of 7 (598 Views)

★★★ Pro
@JennaRae1996 Your last bit hit the nail on the head lol… Harlem globetrotter moves haha.. but yes so many features were removed.. and we had to pay $80 for it.. and to this day many of us still can’t play it.. Franchise crashes.. goal syncing forever bugs… draft issues.. trade issues.. prospect issues.. coach issues.. the list goes on.. the Franchise Mode and Be a Pro mode forums are full of threads with the missing features and broken bugs…
Most of us have been pretty civil and constructive.. sometimes the frustration boils over… but it’s been 1/3 of an entire year.. we have been waiting and still have barely gotten more than a glance… it’s hard to stay civil when you can’t use the product you spent money on… and they won’t give you the money back..
Message 4 of 7 (535 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

What is worse is we have constructive discussions giving feedback on game modes that need to bring back some features from previous games, although the offline community gets ignored. The player base would be more populated if people actually wanted to buy these games. Sadly nobody wants to waste their money on a product that doesn't even bother to make the game worth it. We had a console split issue before with NHL Legacy and NHL 16. Population was actually decent on all consoles then. Many of the EASHL members who would play OTP stopped playing after they removed it. Then forced these people to find a club to play on, which some couldn't and just gave up. 

Like I used to play OTP/Drop-in daily for hours on end. Now it is just spending hours to find a game, which majority of the drop-in community dislike the casual wear, indoor arena, and no option to pick a different jersey. Most who play it, only go there to test builds, and leave. Then it is overpowered AI basically filling the game. Not everyone is able to play club...

I just don't understand why they can put other modes like the Juniors, Women's tournament and Roster sharing in, but can't put in the option in BAP to play a full junior season, be sent to the AHL or have the ability to play the prospects or all star games. 

I just don't understand the reasonings behind taking content out? If it is money, where is the thousands of HUT  pack money people spend go towards? We need better from this company. it isn't fair to us! 

Message 5 of 7 (507 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@OhCanada1867👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Dead on, unfortunately they only make this game for their cash cows who will spend as you said thousands of dollars on a video game just so that they can exploit ever bit of poor programming in this dumpster fire of a game.

It's almost as if the people making this game have never actually seen or played an actual game of hockey in their lives.

Also don't expect an answer from EA on this as they've remained silent on other threads only saying that after this being an issue for 5 months "we're aware of it and still investigating it" 

Message 6 of 7 (449 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@OhCanada1867 Same in ea fifa games.

Edit: Removed profanity. Make sure your posts are free of swearing, per the Answers HQ rules. -CM

Message 7 of 7 (295 Views)