BAP Wishlist - Updated

by ccleme20

Original Post

Re: BAP Wishlist

★★ Apprentice

The one and only thing I want is the ability to save the game during a game. This single, simple feature would make Be A Pro Goalie Mode playable.

Message 11 of 59 (2,057 Views)

★★ Novice

To add to the draft, despite how I perform in the minors or Memorial Cup, I’m never drafted by my favorite team, ever. 

Message 12 of 59 (2,031 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Great post, totally agree.

Also what i found is missing is if you get injured, there is no timer to tell you how long you are injured, or simulate to the day you are well again. This is really frustrating...

Message 13 of 59 (1,990 Views)

★★★ Novice

My wish is that when someone challenges you to do something during a game, there was a place to find out where I am in completing it!

EX: Teammate challenged me  to no giveaways next game or have X many blocked shots next game.

Was nowhere in "in game" stats

Message 14 of 59 (1,937 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

That seems like a lot of work... How about they just do the same thing for 10 years.  That seems more manageable.

I'm so tired of every year the same problems.  BAP is worse now.  This storyline mode gets old after like 10 games.  My teammates can't clear the zone to save their life.  I'll be -2 in a game, and get an A on defense... Because in order to clear the zone i have to poke check the puck away 6 times before we struggle our way out of the zone... only for my teammates to make a dumb deke right into the Dman and lose the puck... then if I don't take the puck off the puckcarrier he will just glide his way passed all my teammates.  It takes probably 3 on 1 before we can beat one opponent AI(but mostly me).

I'm playing superstar, so i am expecting it to be hard.  But don't make my teammates handicapped.  It's extremely frustrating to know that barely anything will change year to year...  They some how made a brand new engine feel exactly like the old one.

Message 15 of 59 (1,918 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@arturowarAI teammates are definitely handicapped. I play on All-Star and literally have to move almost all of the "human" sliders to give my team even a fighting chance. My biggest irk is how easily my AI teammates turn the puck over. There's no cycling, there's no strategic positioning, and there's no puck possession. 99% of the time your teammate skates into the zone and within a millisecond turns the puck over. I have even played with the sliders for puck control at 100% and they still turn it over. It's so frustrating for offline players.

Message 16 of 59 (1,899 Views)

★★★★ Novice

PLAYER ACTION TRACKER!

What i would also really like to see is an alltime action tracker for your performance. Like the one they have in the ending of every game, but have it for your player only.

Would be nice to see where i have shot and where i have goaled, where i have taken the shots that i have goaled from etc.

It could be divided into seasons.

It would really help in learning the game and becoming a better player.

I think some year the game had it, but i could not find it now.

I know its alot of data but i think the game stores the data on it anyway, so just need an ingame app the check them.

Thanks.

Message 17 of 59 (1,851 Views)

★★ Guide
@Rojutrannii I have one major complaint with BAP after coming over from NHL20, why the hell can't you go down to the AHL.... my 6ft4 power forward is getting his * kicked by everyone because you have to play in the NHL with an under 70 overall rating.... it's not like I can use my created team in franchise mode so I'm kinda stuck playing this
Message 18 of 59 (1,826 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@ccleme20All great points.. I’d like to see a few changes..
1. Apart from the crowd size they should have open seats as the gap widens… I’ve never been to a game where the home team is losing by 5 and its still full.. They should have open seats in the 3rd if the team is losing by a lot.
2. Why is everyone in the crowd in their 20s? It’s like watching a college game.
3. Shouldnt the lighting be different compared to the crowd vs the ice? It never seems like you are playing at night. The crowd lighting should be a little darker than the Ice.
4. Goal celebrations are a little too over the top. I would understand if they were in the playoffs, but if you scored your 7th goal, why are you celebrating like it broke a record.
5. I remember having an EA NHL that showed hats being thrown on the ice when someone scored a hat trick. Bring that back.
6. Bring back the opening cut scene where it shows the BAP player stepping on the ice for a lap.
7. Show the outside of the arena for the opening cut scene in the rotation.
8 Allow a BAP goalie to change defensive strategies per game. Frustrating when a team is constantly getting beat and I can’t change anything.
9. Allow me to change our Uniform Number!!! Why hasn’t this been available?
10. In BAP we can’t see any transactions during the season and we should have the option to see things like whos on the trading block, what trades were made what happened during the trade deadline.
11. I agree with contracts negotiations. If perks are based on $$, then we as a BAP player should be able to negotiate such terms. And give us options to reach out to teams if you are an UFA.
12. Cut scene of signing a contract.
13. Agree about the draft. We should see what’s going on, on draft day. Even if its an abbreviated day. 

14. Being able to be sent down: No way in heck should I be on an NHL roster as a BAP goalie with a rating of 72. No freaking way. Then in a season I am the back up and play 14-20 games per season. Let me start in the minors and earn the spot on the big team

15. When editing the players equipment and  EQ colors, would be nice to have a home and away jersey to compare and see what pads look like. 

16. Option for practice within BAP instead of having to leave the game. 

That’s it for now… 

Message 19 of 59 (1,770 Views)

★★ Novice
@all-Beef-chicken I agree. I have no idea why player development is non-existent in this years (and last years) game. Especially if I am drafted in the late first round. I cannot remember the last time a late first round pick immediately played in the NHL the year he was drafted. Player development is highly lacking.
Message 20 of 59 (1,734 Views)