Double Team Issue

by Fix_NBALM

Original Post

Re: Double Team Issue

★★★★ Apprentice

Look near 2:44-46. Gervin leaves Bird to come help DJ which is not necessary at all. This time nothing happened, but in times like this if Iverson passed to Bird, it would be an open 3. Something like this happens all time time. 

Message 21 of 26 (1,773 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Fix_NBALM wrote:

Look near 2:44-46. Gervin leaves Bird to come help DJ which is not necessary at all. This time nothing happened, but in times like this if Iverson passed to Bird, it would be an open 3. Something like this happens all time time. 

Did you notice how you turned towards Bird though as if you were going to go cover him?

There is logic built into the game where AI has to figure out who to cover. They aren't making human decisions and it's calculated by math/algorithms/conditions. It's possible since you started to shift towards Bird at that moment it triggered Gervin to go to DJ.

Double team.JPG

Blueberry.png
Message 22 of 26 (1,767 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I turned because I was backing. This is only one screenshot that proves what you are saying but why would AI assume, I am ditching my defender who has the ball to go after a player without a ball? This is simply happening because I am moving to get into my position and sometimes "joystick" would not let me move otherwise. We should have option to choose "double team accepted" / "stay with your man" or something like that. 

On this screenshot, you are probably right, but this happens many different occasions, and it is given on Power LU that AI automatically comes for unnecessarily, which made a lot of users to abandon the Power LU. This is still an issue regardless of algorithm / math / conditions. 

Message 23 of 26 (1,745 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This is happening constantly even I am not chasing another player. I was literally facing the opp point card and my centers come to help. Please take this into consideration. I am not making these up and if you just search Discord with "Double Team" you will see tons of feedback. 

Message 24 of 26 (1,728 Views)

Community Manager

@Fix_NBALM 

Shared your feedback and this post over to the team so they are aware. I am not aware of any upcoming plans to make changes round defense and gameplay though. Changes from requests on the forums are never guaranteed, however even if direct changes or ideas are implemented that does not mean they were considered during the development process. Hopefully we can see more additions around defense and improvements in AI as the game progresses. Thank you for keeping tabs on this and updating the forum post with your gameplay. 

Blueberry.png
Message 25 of 26 (1,710 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It has been 3 months, yet, it still has not been fixed. Any feedback?? Please fix these things. 

Message 26 of 26 (1,203 Views)