no option for heterochromia on sims

by saoirse494

Original Post

no option for heterochromia on sims

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
I am disappointed to see that even on Sims 4 there is still no option for heterochromic eyes, personally I have one blue and one brown eye, this makes me very upset and I believe that all people should be able to make there Sim a look a like, genetically mutated or not. I hope that you will take on my complaint and incorparate this into your new game. Thank you Abigail Gardner I expect to hear from you soon
Message 1 of 7 (4,155 Views)

Re: no option for heterochromia on sims

Community Manager

@saoirse494

That feature may be available via custom content.

barry.png
Message 2 of 7 (4,136 Views)

★★★ Newbie
What do you mean please?
Also, is it only in Sims4?

What should I be looking out for to get my sim to look more like me -i’d love it if a character could look more like me for once!
Message 3 of 7 (4,076 Views)

Champion

@MariaAgnes84, what @EA_Barry meant was that it is not possible in The Sims4 to have heterochromia for human Sims (only dogs and cats if you have the Cats & Dogs Expansion Pack) if you are only playing with the game as designed by EA.  So, the only way you would be able to make a Sim that had eyes like yours is to download some Custom Content (CC).  CC is not something that EA makes, but rather something that fans of The Sims make to enhance their game! Wink  EA allows it, but does not work with it, so anytime EA updates the game, you would have to make sure your CC is also updated so it won't mess up your game! (I'm too lazy to do this, so I don't play with CC or Mods anymore and haven't since The Sims3 Embarrassed ).  So, it is up to you and the maker of any CC item to keep it up to date.  There are many sites that offer CC for The Sims 4 (I'm not allowed to link them, but you can do a Google search).  There are some really amazing creations that some people have made for the game! Raised eyebrow

However, at this time, if you are playing on a Console like PS2 or Xbox, CC is not possible yet! Frown   I'm not sure if EA is working on this or not.  So, for now, CC is only possible if you play TS4 on a PC. Wink

I hope you are able to make a Sim that looks like you!  Feel free to send pictures of your Sim if you are able to do so!

Happy Simming! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 7 (4,059 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'd love to revive this. It's already in the game for pets, it could be applied to sims, and it limits representation. Heterochromia is more common than people think and I want my sims to have that representation. While they currently are looking into the skin tone genetic issue, this could be something to look into also, adding heterochromia and the probability of kids inheriting it. I'm sick of using cc eyes that break sometimes and not being able to upload my sims to the gallery without being tagged for cc just because of the eyes replacement of something that should be in the game. This bothered me in the sims 3 too. Guess I'm a strong Heterochromia advocate.

Message 5 of 7 (3,045 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Especially since now we have werewolves! They proved they can move the color wheel mechanic to humanoid sims (albeit in fur, but still).

Message 6 of 7 (2,268 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Here's my idea for how they could make this work. Have two simple options you can toggle in the menu for changing eye color, one called "left eye color" the other "right eye color". Both would be selected by default, and with both selected it would apply the chosen color to both eyes. With only one eye checked it would apply the selected color to just that eye while ignoring the opposite eye. 

For example, let's say you wanted green for the right eye and blue for the left eye. You could select green with both eyes checked, then uncheck the right eye and then select blue. Sounds pretty simple to me, basically 3 clicks to get the desired result.

I personally don't know if I would ever use this, though it might tempt me to try making Yuna from Final Fantasy X... which she's also why in my example I used green for the right and blue for the left.

Message 7 of 7 (2,242 Views)