by onemorekayaker

Original Post

[W] - Timers for certain werewolf emotional moodlets cannot be managed/reduced

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every expansion/game pack/stuff pack except for MWS and DHD.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create an adult and child werewolf. Assign the adult temperaments, keep the child as-is and then attempt to manage the resulting moodlets through mirrors, showers, meditation, play with emotion through toys, Spa Day rewards traits (Moment of Clarity, etc), etc.
What happens when the bug occurs? Some moodlets can have their timers reduced by calming activities, but there is zero impact on others. For example, for children, the growing pain and teething pain moodlets (+2 anger) cannot be reduced by any means.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to manage emotional moodlets through activities such as speaking to mirrors, showering, meditation, playing with emotion, winding down with classical, or the Spa Day rewards traits such as Moment of Clarity or Calming Aura.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I haven't tested with absolutely everything, but it's come up enough to be very noticeable - especially when you have a werewolf with maxed wellness skill and the Moment of Clarity and Calming Aura traits. The inability to manage/reduce the timers for children's anger moodlets is also making Parenthood interactions way more likely to backfire and fail.

I'd have thought that this was as-intended, but what works vs. what doesn't work seems fairly random.

This is a short and incomplete list of moodlets that can't be managed, I'll come back to edit more in as I play through. There's definitely a lot more than these, I just wasn't writing them down before:

• Beastly growth spurt (from being a small werewolf) - angry +2
  • Big sad wolf (from bellowing somberly) - sad +1
  • I'd rather not talk about it (from recent werewolf rampage) - tense +2
  • New fang pain (from being a small werewolf) - angry +2
  • Worst. Headache. Imaginable. (from recovering from a werewolf rampage) - uncomfortable +3
Message 1 of 5 (863 Views)

Re: [W] - Timers for certain werewolf emotional moodlets cannot be managed/reduc

★ Guide

I can tell you that is most likely not a bug but intentional. EA added new buff types for Werewolves called Rampage Buffs and there are some hidden buffs which stops such Buff Types to be reduceable by interactions. For example on Fullmoon, you will not be able to reduce the timer on such buffs.

Message 2 of 5 (841 Views)

Re: [W] - Timers for certain werewolf emotional moodlets cannot be managed/reduc

★ Guide

@LittleMsSam, when you looked at the coding, were these specific moodlets only supposed to be non-reducable during the full moon? The moodlets I've seen can't be reduced regardless of what time in moon cycle it is.

And thanks for weighing in!

Message 3 of 5 (820 Views)

★ Guide

I only checked the rampage one and fullmoon one since i needed that for one of my mods. I just checked the buff_Werewolf_BeastlyGrowthSpurt file and there is no Buff category set in the code which is needed to actually be affected by interactions. Some Buffs are meaned to be unaffected and some not. What the case is in those buffs only EA knows but i personally don't consider them as a bug. If those make kids unbearable, i assume someone will mod them soon. But maybe EA sees this and will consider to add the category to them as well.

Message 4 of 5 (808 Views)

★ Guide

Ah, okay. I wouldn't say the kid situation is necessarily unbearable, but the moodlets trigger *way* too frequently for something that can't be interacted with/reduced. I have four werewolf kids in one household and they're angry because of the growth spurt or the teeth thing for at least 50% of the time they're awake and not in school. And if one's not angry, then the other three are.

I like that these moodlets exist, and think they're pretty cute, but it definitely could use some tweaking.

Message 5 of 5 (716 Views)