Prom!

by martinesimon12

Original Post

Prom!

★★★ Newbie

I would to have proms for the teens to go to. Or school dances and maybe we can follow them and it can be a lot challenge! 

Message 1 of 4 (749 Views)

Re: Prom!

★★★★ Guide

I remember being able to do those things in Sims 3. It wasn't anything all that special, the sims just walked into a rabbit hole which would occasionally give notifications of things supposedly happening, but it was still pretty neat. One of the coolest things I remember about them, though not sure if it was the prom or the dance or both, was that if your teen was in a romantic relationship their romantic interest would ask them to go with them and might even ask to go steady while there. I even remember times where my sim would get a romantic interest while there, though I didn't always like that aspect of it lol.

After looking this up, it seems you will have your wish because there's apparently a pack coming called High School Years. Sounds interesting, but man does EA need to have a pack for everything with this game? What's next, a pack focused on the elderly?

Coming soon... The Sims 4: The Golden Years! Featuring the all new dentures system, hip replacements, and our proudest achievement yet... adult diapers for all your bladder failure needs. Yes now you too can enjoy all the pleasures and enjoyment of being one of the elderly! The Sims 4: The Golden Years... when will your time be up?

Message 2 of 4 (726 Views)

Champion

@martinesimon12 , I think all the Lot Challenges are for residential lots, and a school dance would be at a public venue (most likely the school, but other public lots, like parks, could work as well.)  But perhaps you were thinking of a Lot Trait -- some of which can be selected for public lots.  Wondering

I think your idea is more likely to be used in a Scenario! Party hat There would probably be a permanent Scenario for going to a prom or other school dance! 💃🕺

@valohim666 , I know you are not the only person who feels this way, but there are quite a bit of us who feel the opposite way.  I would much rather have more details given to each age than merely 2 or 3 given to every age in one pack.  I feel the same way about the Supernatural Sims in The Sims 4 vs. the ones in The Sims 3!  The supernaturals in TS4 that have gotten their own pack are much more detailed in not only how they look, but also what their special abilities are, compared to that of the ones in TS3.Party hat  Also, the 2 supernatural Sims that came along in packs not totally devoted to them (Aliens and Mermaids), are the weakest in TS4! 😞  Also, I doubt they would have adult diapers in the Sims. They already have in the base game bladders that cause elders to go to the bathroom more, as well as Aspiration Rewards that can be purchased that either reduce the amount a Sim has to go to the bathroom, or else takes that need away completely!    And while I know elderly people who don't have a good life, I know some that love their lives as elders!  It just varies, like it does at any age. As for teens, many people have requested more things for their teens to do so they don't just feel like adults who go to school and can't woohoo.  So I think this is a good thing! 😃

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 4 (691 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@PugLove888  First off I was joking about that elder pack thing, though at the same time making a joke in regards to the numerous packs that get released for this game. I also realize I'm in the minority when it comes to these games, especially when it comes to the paid content, so I don't expect most people here to see where I'm coming from though I will give an example of why I don't like paid content and maybe a brief summary at the end.

Look at all the games in history that have made significant improvements and/or additions to sequels without paid content, or how about the games that simply add in new content without charging for it. I'll use a game that I really enjoy as an example of the latter, a game called Astroneer. Astroneer was made by a small company called System Era, which I highly doubt could afford to do the things that a big company like EA could do. Yet since it's official release in 2019, there have been countless free updates that have added in so much to the game. The only things you can pay extra for are simple cosmetic items, but anything that has actually added to or altered the gameplay itself has been completely free. And apparently they still aren't done with the free updates either.

So I ask... why can't EA do more with their base games instead of making so much of their content paid, and if a small company like System Era can continuously release free content why can't a massive company like EA do the same? I'm sorry but the teens, and all age groups for that matter, should have been a lot more in this game than they ever were in the past and without having to buy packs. That's just my opinion though, people can disagree or even agree if they want.

Message 4 of 4 (653 Views)