How To Get Help for Persistent Bugs

by EA_Sanah

Original Post

How To Get Help for Persistent Bugs

Community Manager (retired)

Sul Sul Simmers!

We understand that several of our players are experiencing bugs impacting gameplay. As mentioned in the Q&A, we are working on a more permanent solution. In the meantime, to improve your gaming experience, we have set up processes to help solve the issues you are experiencing more efficiently and effectively.

1. Sims from family getting lost

While many of you have found a workaround for this issue (find the missing Sim in the neighborhood and marry them back into the family), we understand that it is not always the best option. 

1. Sim Contacts and Relationships getting lost

We understand the effort to form the Life of your Sims, the relationships, and career trajectories. It is unfair to lose that progress. 

1. Game Loading Issue

Unable to get into the game is the worst issue of them all!  The problem is occurring due to an error in the saved data. 

1. Passive Sim Coming as Busy

Another issue which many of you are facing but helping yourself by letting the Sim go and marrying it back into the family

For each of these issues, we have set up a solution. Please follow the process to get help.

Step1:

Take screenshots of the error/error message Sims impacted, Player ID, and Device details. 

Step2:

Submit a report to EA Help with details of the issue, impacted Sims, the date the problem began(share all screenshots), and the link to this Answers HQ page.

Step3:

Post verifying the problem, EA Help will suggest recovering saved progress from a date before the issue. 

Step4:

If you choose to proceed, please share screenshots of all purchase invoices made since the date of the suggested data recovery with The Help representative and confirm that they will credit all purchases before sharing a go-ahead.  

Step5:

Post resolution, please reply to EA Help and confirm the fix.

Thank you, 

Team TSM

Message 1 of 54 (15,437 Views)

Re: How To Get Help for Persistent Bugs

★★★ Guide

Hello, I’m having a game loading issue. (“Where’s the Network?”)
I sent a new ticket to EAHelp after reading your tweet and I requested a rollback, but they just said to wait.

“The game team is aware of the issue and working to resolve it. We are currently investigating the issue, so please be patient while we complete the investigation. We do not know when it will be fixed.” (summary)

If I wait, will the issue be fixed someday? In the current state of my game, it’s probably impossible to even download next update data. At least that was the case the last time I had the same issue. I’ve experienced this issue 3 times before, and in each cases EAHelp was not able to solve the issue, so I contacted Simgurus on Twitter and asked them to fix it.

To be honest, rolling back the game is the WORST option for me. I don’t know how far the rollback will go, but it means the lost of event rewards and progress. So if there is a possibility that the issue will be solved if I wait, I will wait quietly.
Should I wait? Or should I send a ticket to EAHelp again and force them to roll back my game against their reply, “wait”? I don’t know what I’m supposed to do…

Message 2 of 54 (15,228 Views)

Hero
@gogotamago5 Hey! I'm going to ask what can be done. We might not get a reply during the weekend, so let's wait a bit 🙂

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 3 of 54 (15,163 Views)

★★★ Guide
@SalixCat Thank you for your kindness! 🙏❤️
Message 4 of 54 (15,150 Views)

Hero
@gogotamago5 I saw your Tweet. Seems nothing has changed for you with the update. I haven't got a reply yet 🤔

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 5 of 54 (15,063 Views)

★★★ Guide
@SalixCat Ok thank you 🙏❤️ I'll wait some more, and I have a few friends who have the same issue...
Message 6 of 54 (15,043 Views)

★★★ Guide

Ok, since I can’t seem to get a response, I’ll write my complaint alone 😄

My login issue has been getting worse and worse since early October, and I haven’t been able to get into the game at all since November 25th. HOW FAR does my game roll back in this case?

In my past experience of rollbacks, the purchase pack items were restored, but the event rewards were not.

I purchased the festival ticket (Oct.14) and grinded everyday to complete all the tiers and I done it (Nov.14). I had also filled the lama bank and was ready to head start the next festival (Nov. 20). How will these be restored?

I completed TH without purchasing the ticket, so I’m SO SAD but I’m giving up on getting it restored. But at least the rewards of the festival should be restored.

I think my savegame is broken. Even if I send another ticket to EAHelp and force them to roll back my game against their response to wait, the same problem will come back in a few months anyway. PLEASE fix it fundamentally.

Message 7 of 54 (14,969 Views)

★★★ Guide

To be honest, I was disappointed when you suggested this makeshift solution. However, I was glad that you acknowledged the issues and I thought that the staff at EAHelp would be informed of this solution and that things would at least go smoothly. But nothing has changed from before. Please check out this link.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SimsMobile/comments/rbcqeq/unable_to_launch/

And important things like this should be tweeted not only by gurus, but also by TSM official account. The only people who follow guru’s account are avid TSM fans, like me lol. But to begin with, there are many people who are not on Twitter…
Now many players are unable to play the game properly. Unable to start events, Eco Workshop shift gets stuck on a day of the week, and more. Some Android users can’t even update their games. Sigh…

Message 8 of 54 (14,941 Views)

Hero
@gogotamago5 Sorry you’re having to struggle with this again 😢

I think it’s good that you bring up all the negative aspects coming up with a rollback because the rollback doesn’t really fix the actual issue.

I don’t understand why offer rollback as help on other mentioned issues, if the issues haven’t been fixed yet.

I’d say it isn’t worth taking a rollback and lose items & progress if for example the issue of losing contacts happens again once you make the sim passive.

Have strength @gogotamago5 💪

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 9 of 54 (14,896 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Ilois4 Thank you Iloisa! I’m sad I haven’t been able to attend your party for weeks 🥲💔

Yes, I agree that rollback is a bad idea for those bugs. I understand that the only way to resolve the savedata error is rollback, though…
I know this is not the right thread to write a complaint, but I’m a bit mad right now 😂
Message 10 of 54 (14,884 Views)