How Long Do You Think is Reasonable 2Wait 2Get a Problem-Technical/Bug

by katclawsx3

Original Post

How Long Do You Think is Reasonable 2Wait 2Get a Problem-Technical/Bug

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

7-7-22

My Game won't Launch 

I have emailed EA HELP since June 28, 2022 when my game wouldn't go past the start page after the Download
Since then I've received emails from EA Help

7-2-22 Advisor Asking for me to try playing on another device (my IPhone 12 Pro Max). Did not Work

7-6-22 Advisor Asked me to go to the Apple App Store to confirm that the latest update was downloaded-- which it was

7-6-22 Advisor Sent me a link about error 22 which suggested that I close background to free up space. I sent back 2 screenshots of my iPad Pro 6 2nd Gen and of my
iCloud Storage to show that I still had ample space Also that link was from 2020 and appeared to be for other Sims games that were played on consoles (?)

7-7-22 -TODAY- received an email from Advisor asking if I tried the troubleshooting steps from the previous email !

I am at my wit's and very frustrated! MY PROBLEM IS STILL NOT SOLVED

Honestly, I'm not tech savvy. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing especially when there are long outdated links that make very little sense to me. But I try what I can understand.

Is there another way to get help to permanently fix this without going through a dozen back & forth emails and with several different technicians?

Also, since I've been playing TSM from the beginning, I don't want to do a Rollback & lose any progress or possessions. Happened once & it was a nightmare with long lasting repercussions.

I appreciate the suggestions technicians are throwing at me, but I'm really so confused at this point and I just want to be able to get back to my game, please

So, how long is too long to wait to get help from EA? A week, a month, 6 month-- or until the next Update?

thx ~ kat

CM edit: attachment removed as it was showing player ID

CM Edit: Removed Advisor's names to protect privacy 

Message 1 of 8 (1,533 Views)

Re: How Long Do You Think is Reasonable 2Wait 2Get a Problem-Technical/Bug

@katclawsx3 Kat, I'm so sorry you can't log in to your game! That sounds incredibly frustrating, and it really doesn't help that you're getting the run-around from people who are supposed to be helping you. I wish I had a suggestion other than uninstalling and reinstalling (the app version of "have you turned it off then on again?"), but you've likely already tried that. Good luck, and I hope it gets solved soon.
Message 2 of 8 (1,477 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@thecakeisaLIE82 It really is SO frustrating!
I've exchanged emails with at least 9 different technicians & tried all their suggestions to try & fix this error 22 and NOTHING has worked.

Since this started right when the last download started on or about June 28, 2022, I'm thinking I might just have to wait & hope that the next download will fix this problem.

In the meantime, I miss you & party friends & playing my game
Thanks for thinking of me ~ kat
Message 3 of 8 (1,427 Views)

Hero
@katclawsx3 Hey! Sorry for the late reply. Is this issue fixed for you?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 4 of 8 (1,330 Views)

@SalixCat I have a feeling @katclawsx3 's game is still out of commission. She hasn't logged in in 42 days now. I hope she hasn't given up.
Message 5 of 8 (1,285 Views)

Hero
@thecakeisaLIE82 Thanks for the update. Yes, agree.

Message 6 of 8 (1,272 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@katclawsx3 Hello again! Is your game fixed?

Message 7 of 8 (918 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@katclawsx3 wrote:

7-7-22

My Game won't Launch 

I have emailed EA HELP since June 28, 2022 when my game wouldn't go past the start page after the Download
Since then I've received emails from EA Help

7-2-22 Advisor Asking for me to try playing on another device (my IPhone 12 Pro Max). Did not Work

7-6-22 Advisor Asked me to go to the Apple App Store to confirm that the latest update was downloaded-- which it was

7-6-22 Advisor Sent me a link about error 22 which suggested that I close background to free up space. I sent back 2 screenshots of my iPad Pro 6 2nd Gen and of my
iCloud Storage to show that I still had ample space Also that link was from 2020 and appeared to be for other Sims games that were played on consoles (?)

7-7-22 -TODAY- received an email from Advisor asking if I tried the troubleshooting steps from the previous email !

I am at my wit's and very frustrated! MY PROBLEM IS STILL NOT SOLVED

Honestly, I'm not tech savvy. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing especially when there are long outdated links that make very little sense to me. But I try what I can understand.

Is there another way to get help to permanently fix this without going through a dozen back & forth emails and with several different technicians?

Also, since I've been playing TSM from the beginning, I don't want to do a Rollback & lose any progress or possessions. Happened once & it was a nightmare with long lasting repercussions.

I appreciate the suggestions technicians are throwing at me, but I'm really so confused at this point and I just want to be able to get back to my game, please

So, how long is too long to wait to get help from EA? A week, a month, 6 month-- or until the next Update?

thx ~ kat

CM edit: attachment removed as it was showing player ID

CM Edit: Removed Advisor's names to protect privacy 

I feel for you. I am in the same situation right now too. EA doesn’t seem to be communicating anymore with any of the players for bug fixes. It’s really saddening to see developers abandoning a game that means so much to so many of us. I too am an original player from the beginning and although I’ve been impressed with the creative gameplay and the continuing output of high quality content, I still feel like bug fixes are an issue that EA is failing in exponentially. I don’t think EA realize the immeasurable loss they create when they don’t physically go in and fix a bug which they literally pay developers to do. I am very tech savvy and I know that EA have the capability to go in and fix bugs. The fact they’re refusing to do it is horrifying. I won’t stop playing until of course they prevent me from playing like they have done to you. But after the 3rd unfixed bug I’ve encountered I will never feel the same out Sims Mobile and I play this game every day. 😔

Message 8 of 8 (699 Views)