Asking Sims to Move in

by Ashifer

Original Post

Re: Need help moving in sim

Hero
@Zorua1722 The NPC will be removed from the household if the playable Sim divorces him/her.

The NPC will retire if you retire the playable Sim while they are still married to the NPC.

If you promote the NPC while the husband/wife is still playable, you can make them divorce and both will still be playable.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 51 of 67 (2,042 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hello. One of my sims is in a good relationship with an NPC sim (level 9) and I plan to move that sim in. However, reading some of the earlier posts made me doubt with all these problems that could be encountered, and I’m not sure if I understood correctly.

1. If the relationship reaches level 10 and the story ends, will the NPC sim eventually age up at one point? If they age up, they will not be able to move in. Do you strongly recommend moving that NPC sim in before the relationship reaches lvl 10?

2. I plan to have these both sims married. I have an empty slot ready for the NPC sim to become one of my active sims. If the first sim retired or divorced with the new sim, will that new sim disappear as well?

@SalixCat wrote:

If you promote the NPC while the husband/wife is still playable, you can make them divorce and both will still be playable.

3. Same question if the first sim retired while still being married to the new active sim?

Angel

Message 52 of 67 (1,962 Views)

Hero

@reomin 

1. If the relationship reaches level 10 and the story ends, will the NPC sim eventually age up at one point? If they age up, they will not be able to move in. Do you strongly recommend moving that NPC sim in before the relationship reaches lvl 10?

Not sure the NPC will age up when the story reaches level 10 but there is something I would like to make clear.

NPCs move in to a household only if they marry one of your playable Sims. The NPC will move in and take it’s place in the family as NPC. Then, you will be able to promote it to playable Sim. 

Another thing, you don’t need to wait until the relationship reaches level 10 to make them marry. The proposal option appears at level 4 of a relationship, so you can do this event and then the marriage event. As soon they are married you will find the NPC in your family portrait as NPC.

2. I plan to have these both sims married. I have an empty slot ready for the NPC sim to become one of my active sims. If the first sim retired or divorced with the new sim, will that new sim disappear as well?

3. Same question if the first sim retired while still being married to the new active sim?

If the couple divorce while both Sims are playable, they will still be young and playable Sims.

If the couple divorce while one Sim is playable and the other is passive, the passive Sim will leave the household and eventually age up. The playable Sim will still be young and playable.

If you retire one Sim while both are playable, only the one you retire will age up. 

If you retire an active Sim while the husband or wife is passive, both Sims will age up.

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 53 of 67 (1,951 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@SalixCatTo sum up with the correct terms,

Marrying a playable Sim to an NPC will bring the NPC in the household as a passive Sim.

Promoting a passive Sim lets the Sim become playable.

These two statements should be correct, unless "passive" and "NPC (when moved in)" are two different terms, and/or unless "active" and "playable" are two different terms?

Angel

Message 54 of 67 (1,937 Views)

Hero
@reomin Your statement is correct.

Also, NPC is the same as passive Sim, and playable Sim is the same as active Sim.

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 55 of 67 (1,920 Views)

Re: Asking Sims to Move in

How did you get 6 non-playable sims in your household? I have 2 playable and 2 non-playable, and if one of my playable tries to ask anyone else to move in it says there isn't room in the household. 

Message 56 of 67 (1,658 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Ashifer I am having the same problem. I bought a new lot as well to transfer the married couple to the new house. But it's showing the same message. I have three sims and a child. One of them is married but like I said they didn't move in. Can someone tell me why this is like this. Is it bcuz my fourth sim slot is locked? I don't want the married npc to become playable, i just want them to stay with my sim.
Message 57 of 67 (1,227 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@A_d1600 Hi, if the sim you’re trying to move in has a blue plumbob over their head it’s another player’s sim. In order to have that sim move in, you should have a slot open for a playable active sim.

As a side note if it was another player’s sim: Moving in another player’s sim goes as a request to the other player to adopt their sim. Some players don’t want to let go their sims to another player since it means that the sim in their game is then retired.

edit. Typos and missing words

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 58 of 67 (1,206 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi! I have the same problem as them. my sim is married to a NPC and their a level 8 in there relationship. It gave me a button that says “ask to move in” right after they got married. so then I pressed it. Sadly it said “no more room in the household” so then I thought it was bc of my sim’s roommate (which is my other playable sim) so then I moved that sim out to a different plot. And they no longer lived with me. But when I went back to the NPC sim it still said “no more room in the household” so I made another room bc I thought it was bc of my baby room (my sim and the NPC sim have a baby together) so I finished the room and it still said “no more room in the household”. If this does sound similar and IS to what they commented. How do I send a request to the player’s character so that they could move in with me? I don’t want to play their character I just want there character to be there for there child bc I went a long way for level 8 and I don’t want to restart can you please help me?

btw another question. my sim and the NPC sim have a child together but I cannot play the child is it bc she’s a newborn? (She lives with me though btw)

Message 59 of 67 (1,180 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi. My sim is married, but don't live together. Yet their relationship is level 8.

I have 2 sims living in different houses, neither can have someone move in.

Please help

Message 60 of 67 (1,081 Views)