[OPEN] Paranormal and cc items show **debug** and blank options. HELP.

by sunniesun33

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

★★★ Novice

I have tried all of the methods and it didn´t help me at all. Still have the same problem with Paranormal stuff pack (no text and all the items are named debug) and have no SP18 file in delta. I had the same problem with nifty kniting until there was another patch (i think it resolved then). 

Message 871 of 1,152 (3,976 Views)

Hero
@KattenLea Did you have another computer to try or do you not have that option ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 872 of 1,152 (4,216 Views)

★★★ Novice

It finally worked on another computer and i could copy a file. So now i can at last play the game Standard smile 

Guess i´ll have to wait and see if i have to do the same thing the next time a stuff pack comes out. At least i will know what to do then :P 

Message 873 of 1,152 (4,211 Views)

Hero
@KattenLea It probably will.

Question: Do you have your Origin and Game set tot he same language ? If not, maybe it helps to do some before the next pack.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 874 of 1,152 (4,197 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 Paranormal stuff pack interaction bubbles empty

★★★★ Novice

Hi! Could you share the Strings_ENG_US file? I think having it uploaded will make it easier for other people to fix the issue faster. Not sure thought, I'm not an expert

Message 875 of 1,152 (4,188 Views)

★★★ Novice

I didn´t before but i changed that after reading this thread. So now they are both in english Standard smile 

Message 876 of 1,152 (4,179 Views)

Hero
@KattenLea Maybe it's an issue if you have it that way when you download a new pack and then setting it to the same doesn't help but hopefully it will help with the next pack.

Would be curious to know (if you get the next pack on release, it would be great if you could check back to let me know if it's still an issue or not).

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 877 of 1,152 (4,174 Views)

[OPEN] Paranormal and cc items show **debug** and blank options. HELP.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? 中文(繁體)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except luxury party, knifty knitting and the halloween one
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I guess play with the Chinese version?
What happens when the bug occurs? All of the CC I use do not show proper names and descriptions, but **DEBUG** in Chinese, but I know some of them do have the Chinese translation embedded. When I place the cc in the world and try to interact with them, the options are either "..." or blank, so basically I don't know what are the options thus cannot interact with the cc. I also downloaded the paranormal stuff pack, all of the build buy items in the pack are showing the same **DEBUG** names and descriptions, which is not expected. Please help me!! I cannot play the game with this issue. I tried multiple times repairing games, updating games, removing cc, nothing works.
What do you expect to see? The CC are showing proper names and descriptions (at least the one with translations). Items from Paranormal stuff pack shows proper names and descriptions.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Not able to capture in game screenshots, sorry

Message 878 of 1,152 (4,126 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Paranormal and cc items show **debug** and blank options. HELP.

Hero
@sunniesun33 I merged your post with the main thread on this for the paranormal stuff pack. Please try solutions on the first post.

As for the cc: not sure if it's the same cause. If not, you might need to contact the creators.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 879 of 1,152 (4,093 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Paranormal and cc items show **debug** and blank options. HELP.

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello.

If you're experiencing missing strings with the Paranormal DLC, and are unable to fix it by repairing or re-installing the game, you can try to place the appropriate string file for the language that you want in your \Origin Games\The Sims 4\SP18\ folder 

I've placed string files for the Paranormal DLC here if you need them:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvxbRBU3iXGRfcGTvfOAkogisps?e=q07ayy

(EDIT: In the meantime, the team is investigating this issue)

(EDIT #2: I've removed the Paranormal DLC string files, as the recent patch (Feb 25, 2021) should have fixed it for the Paranormal DLC)

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 880 of 1,152 (6,135 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help