[BY DESIGN] Eyebrows look grey in neural black (Added in Patch 1.99)

by gooochyeee

Original Post

[BY DESIGN] Eyebrows look grey in neural black (Added in Patch 1.99)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.99
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All (including Horse ranch preordered) except Morden menswear kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The new eyebrows that were added in 1.99 right at the bottom
What happens when the bug occurs? The new eyebrows are very grey looking
What do you expect to see? The eyebrows looking appropriately black
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

All of thrm look like this

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 11 (1,511 Views)

Re: Eyebrows look grey in neural black (Added in Patch 1.99)

★ Apprentice

This has been going on since the addition of this new black swatch for hair and should be fixed. Very visible in sims with darker skin tones.

07-19-23_11-13-34 AM.png07-19-23_11-13-40 AM.png07-19-23_11-15-13 AM.png07-19-23_11-17-55 AM.png

Message 2 of 11 (1,312 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@Amj1995 Yes! I was so excited to use them just to fond out how awful the black swatch, guess they will become part of thr many eyebrows I wont use because of this. I know other items hace this issue but these are new eyebrows they shouldt act like this
Message 3 of 11 (1,297 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Sul sul,

This is currently by design to prevent the brows from looking too stark or flat in other available colors.

That being said, the color palettes can always be modified and this is currently being reviewed by the team for this specific case.

EACade
Message 4 of 11 (924 Views)

★★ Guide

@EA_Cade to me it looks like the two black eyebrow swatches have been swapped. 

- the blackest [new] eyebrows go perfectly with the second blackest (blue tint) hairs.

- the second blackest eyebrows go perfectly with the blackest hairs.

Message 5 of 11 (861 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

@EA_CadeHonestly it’s incredibly disappointing that this is by design maybe just change the black swatch but honestly this makes the eyebrows unuseable and I hope you can escalated this to get it changed as it currently looks awful especially on darker skin toned sims. Cant you just make the other hair colours look leas stark and this one look normal is it honestly will just be an after thought and will make these eyebrows unsable especially considering the whole charade with hairs lookling like this making players angry so I don’t understand why it was done with these ones, I hope this is changed with this ones Frown

Message 6 of 11 (849 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @gooochyeee,

Like I said above, the color swatches can absolutely be revisited and the team is reviewing this decision now.

I'll share any other information I can as I get it.
EACade
Message 7 of 11 (820 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@EA_Cade Hey! I think I found why it looks so grey. The Blue-Black Swatch Looks neutral Black and the Neutral Black matches the Blue-black, So flipping the swatches will fix this.
Message 8 of 11 (677 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Can a change be done only for that swatch, because I dont want the blond to look too dark just for one color look ok...

Message 9 of 11 (485 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@EA_Cade Any update on these eyebrows?
Message 10 of 11 (481 Views)