Update 6.0 Discussion Thread

by CM_TGK

Original Post

Update 6.0 Discussion Thread

[ Edited ]
EA Codemasters Team

Hey everyone,

I'm delighted to share that the GRID Legends v6.0 Update is available now across all platforms. Please ensure you are connected to the internet in order to download the update.

This update adds the fourth and final premium content pack - Winter Bash - as well as a substantial number of bug fixes, tweaks, and community-requested changes. More about the update can be found here: https://www.ea.com/games/grid/grid-legends/news/winter-bash-update

The full Patch Notes can be found here: https://www.ea.com/games/grid/grid-legends/news/patch-notes-60

• This is the final planned patch for GRID Legends on Xbox and PlayStation, with a further minor update coming to PC in the future, adding support for XeSS on Intel-based systems.
  • Many of the bugs fixed in this patch could not have been done without you, the dedicated GRID community. Some highlights of community-requested and flagged tweaks include improvements to several elements of the Nemesis system, fixes to stuttering audio, Photo Mode navigation when using a wheel/keyboard, and custom team names showing correctly in certain areas of the game.

Please use this thread to discuss anything to do with this update or any new issues you have seen arise.

From everyone here, we hope you enjoy this final GRID Legends update.

Message 1 of 50 (4,572 Views)

Re: Update 6.0 Discussion Thread

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Nice little DLC. Completed the story & unfortunately we're back in familiar ground with the objectives failing to show as complete even though I hit every one. A restart (of my Series X) & by career progress was reset to 0. Restart again & the career progress was back but the story objectives completions were still missing. Will be great once this has been fixed (we've seen similar issues with earlier updates) but for now I may need to shelf the game until I am assured my progress is retained.

Message 2 of 50 (4,273 Views)

★★★ Novice

Unlike every other studio, Codemasters does not patch games outside of DLC so this is it for you I'm afraid.  Since this is the last DLC, there is no more support for this game!

Message 3 of 50 (4,257 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Easily the worst DLC I've ever seen for any game I've ever played, really boring.

I'd have happily paid for DLC that included Live Routes and tracks from Racedriver Grid and Grid 2.

I've been playing Grid games since Racedriver Grid in 2008, but I will have to think twice in future if anymore Grid games are released.

Message 4 of 50 (4,218 Views)

Where is the effort for the car sounds?

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Where is the effort for the car sounds?

EXAMPLE:

Why all Bugatti cars sounds same nonexistent
and damn lame?? New Bugatti Bolide what an exelent driveable but sounds exacly same *#"'*%  garbage car as: Dumont Stampede or some of those stupid Demolition Derby cars... There is too many "copy & paste" sounding cars in this game...

So where is the effort for the car sounds??
I mostly drive the following cars from the
Track Day Class:

Brabham Bt62
Pagani Zonda..
Aston Martin Valkyrie
Mazda Furai
Ferrari 599xx Evo

Not because they are good to drive but 'cause
they sound AMAZING❗ just like all race cars
SOULD SOUND, thats one of the reasons why
many often choose them among *#@"*#
sounding cars...

In terms of sound quality, Brabham is my absolute favourite. PLEASE MAKE THE BUGATTI BOLIDE SOUND AS: Brabham BT62 AND PUT SOME FLAMES ON THOSE PIPES AT LEAST❗❗

And PLEASE Devs do a BETTER research how those
cars really sound like. Then bring some alterations
and fixes. Again ...some EFFORT to car sounds please.

Message 5 of 50 (4,205 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

What Do the numbers mean that show up in the garage when you highlight a car?

Message 6 of 50 (4,189 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Actually, very disappointed with the new DLC.
The only new content is Bugatti Bolide.

All the rest is the recycling of the already existing content.
BMW 2002 TII Race Car is just a less modified version of BMW 320 (that is the weakest in its class and cannot even keep up with M1 in its own class).
SRT Viper GTS-R that is supposed to be "Drift Tuned" is not even tuned for drift. It is the same GT car that is so grippy and heavy, that it is the worst drifter in all PRO Drift class.
Point-to-point Drift Routes at Okutama, unfortunately it only demonstrated the limitation of the gamy physics. I was going to write how good drift is in the game, before I checked this DLS. Now I would say, drifting in GRID Legends is good everywhere, except Okutama Point-to-point Drift Routes. The truck is so narrow (with a lot of rock textures) and the inclination is so high, that making drifting there extremely hard because you actually drift, but the game doesn't register it as enough angle and drift time to give you points. I am sure I could do better with a steering wheel, but what about the rest of the players.
Story missions, I saw only 1 story intro before the 1st mission. Probably there will be one in the end. But I don't see how it contributes into the story. Just some set of detached phrases.

Don't you think that the price of the DLC is too much for only ONE new car and a lot of recycled content that should not have been cut out from the game at first?

Regarding Photo Mode.

Ah, they finally fixed it. Now you can rotate the camera on PC. What an achievement! (sarcastic) In fact it should not have been broken at first place.
Just the bottom selection for photo mode control is awful. And instead of doing simple job by adding all the controls into assignable key list, they made it fixed.

And still no fix for Replay cinematic (in fact side track only) camera ruining all the beauty of the game.

It a shame, comparing to good games Codemaster used to do in the past.

Message 7 of 50 (4,156 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sure thing, but what about fixing these issues?

1. Semi Pro Touring Car events that were not arranged correctly (Heritage Super Tourers)

2. Also, about Lugna Carnage Sponsor event, in which you need to win and wreck 5 cars in the impossible-to-wreck Yokohama route? Please swap that with Indlovu Carnage Sponsor event objective (win and deal 1000 damage), since Indlovu is about wrecking cars...

3. Unusual shifting sounds in Bugatti Bolide interior (click, click although first person is not shifting gears)

That would be much appreciated if you let the Codemasters devs know about these changes.

Message 8 of 50 (4,111 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Come on, they could not have even fix game crashing progress.

My game just crushed and zeroized ALL sponsors progress.

Fortunately, I finished almost all of them (except new 3) before the update and kept the rewards.
But the situation is just ridiculous!

Message 9 of 50 (4,104 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@doomrunner666 Im guessing its how many times you used the car
Message 10 of 50 (4,072 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help