Re: Online Franchise Crashes and Deletes

by EA_Illium

Original Post

Re: Madden 23 Face of the Franchise save gone

★★★ Newbie
@TheGorilla999 Just noticed that in the main menu when selecting a save, it still indicates that im on the eagles. Which is just icing on the cake.
Message 51 of 139 (1,765 Views)

Community Manager

*****Marking as the solution for easier visibility****

Hey Madden Fans, 

Thank you for reaching out and letting us know what your seeing in Madden 23, for anyone experiencing issues with Madden 23 crashing and seemingly losing your save would it be possible to get the following information?

Product:
Platform:Which console generation do you have?
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?
Date/time issue occurred
What type of issue do you have?
Which mode has this happened in?
Summarize your bug
How often does the bug occur?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see?
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Enter RAM memory size in GB

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 52 of 139 (9,581 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Illium
Product: Madden 23
Platform: Xbox Series S
What is your gamertag: theuuord
Date/time issue occurred: 8/29
What type of issue do you have? Franchise file corrupted
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise
Summarize your bug: I attempted to play the first game of the 2030 playoffs. I hit finish/quit game and the game freezes & restarts. My file is corrupted and I can't open either the Autosave or the original. I have seen people say it can happen with custom draft classes, but I have not made any custom classes.
How often does the bug occur? It happened with my only franchise
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sim ahead in a franchise for a few years and try to play a playoff game.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game crashes, bringing up the Xbox home menu, and the franchise file is unable to open.
What do you expect to see? A franchise file that does not crash and allows you to play playoff games.
Message 53 of 139 (2,343 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Xbox series x

Ethernet

8/28/22 11:26pm

Just won the super bowl/couldn't progress to next season

Message 54 of 139 (1,685 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Platform(Include which Generation):  PS5
Type of Network being used: Wifi on Cable internet
Date/time issue occurred: 8/31/22  0700 PST
What were you doing when it happened?  Logged on to PS5
What was the last action you completed before it happened?  I ended the game about 6 hours before
How often does the bug occur? first time
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just happened, read the thread

Message 55 of 139 (1,632 Views)

Deleted files

★★★ Newbie

My face of the franchise save was randomly deleted this morning after playing a game. My filed pass also rolled back. What’s the point of playing if this can potentially happen again?

Message 56 of 139 (1,643 Views)

Re: Deleted files

Community Manager

Hi Everyone, 

Wanted to confirm if anyone was still seeing an issue where their save has seemingly disappeared from Face of the Franchise? We had one player here, who mentioned that you should still be able to see your save if you select a new career can anyone confirm if this helps them? 

If you still are unable to find your save let us know the follow if you have not. 

Platform(Include which Generation):
PSN ID or Xbox GT:
Type of Network being used:
Date/time issue occurred:
Are you getting an error message? 
What were you doing when it happened?
What was the last action you completed before it happened?
How often does the bug occur?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?
Also, include any troubleshooting, Screenshots/Clips you might have:

Also I've seen some other issues mentioned in this thread, If you having issues resigning after your first season check out our thread where you can provide details. 

Thanks!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 57 of 139 (1,624 Views)

Re: Deleted files

★★★ Newbie

Ps5

waltern25

verizon wifi

date experienced: 8/28/22 

no error message, save is available just altered.

i was prompted to create a new character when logging into FOTF (as if my character was deleted) and when i selected that my character appeared. i just signed with a new team as an rb, logged out on Saturday and logged back in the next day to find out this issue.

My rb is now on a different team than what i selected, the contract length and value is the same. And when i select the character the subtitle says "eagles" but in game im on the packers for some reason. While not technically "deleted" my save is messed up and id like to prevent this frustration in the future. I chose the eagles for a reason. 

Message 58 of 139 (1,595 Views)

★ Apprentice

This, my save was there to choose after hitting Start new 

Message 59 of 139 (1,850 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_Illium - Can we get an update on this soon? This issue was also in Madden 22 and was never resolved. I feel like any sort of news at this point would help put us at ease a little bit. 

Message 60 of 139 (2,269 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help