Re: FIFA 20 - Unable to Start Volta Mode

by vicentnuzt

Original Post

Accepted Solution

FIFA 20 - Unable to Start Volta Mode

★★★★★ Newbie

I got the PC version of the game for Volta mode and get the following error message:

"Unable to connect to EA Servers at this time"

when I attempt to start Volta mode.

This is despite the fact that I am connected to the internet and have allowed the application under Windows firewall.

Anyone else experience this issue?

If I am unable to get this rectified within the next 24 hours, i'll be seeking an immediate refund as the game isn't fit for purpose when I bought it to play Volta mode.

Message 2 of 85 (18,210 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hello,

@homicideinside , thanks to the information you have provided our teams have been working on towards a fix for this issue. We released a hotfix for all of the PC players with the Ultimate edition this morning, could the rest of you let me know if you are still running into this problem?

Thanks,

Roger. 

Roger.png

View in thread

Message 41 of 85 (21,971 Views)

All Replies

It won’t gain me access to the Volta

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Every time I try and go on the Volta it keeps saying that i can’t access servers and should try again. I’ve wasted 2/10 of my hours “trying again”. 

Message 1 of 85 (18,000 Views)

FIFA 20 - Unable to Start Volta Mode

★★★★★ Newbie

I posted in the general Origin section in error when I was meant to post here on the FIFA 20 board.

I got the PC version of the game for Volta mode and get the following error message:

"Unable to connect to EA Servers at this time"

when I attempt to start Volta mode.

This is despite the fact that I am connected to the internet and have allowed the application under Windows firewall.

Anyone else experience this issue?

If I am unable to get this rectified within the next 24 hours, i'll be seeking an immediate refund as the game isn't fit for purpose when I bought it to play Volta mode.

Message 3 of 85 (18,195 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yup, I have the same issue. Exact same message as your screenshot. Only difference is I bought the PS4 version instead of PC. 

Slightly ironic that they have been spending so much advertisement space on Volta this year yet the mode doesn't even work... 

@EA Please respond. 

Message 4 of 85 (18,170 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

After repeated attempts to resolve this will full uninstalls and confirming multiple times that my internet connection's perfectly fine, I've been left with no choice but to seek a refund.

It's a shame because I really wanted to try out Volta mode.

Will be monitoring this thread to see if there ends up being a resolution to the issue. If there is, I may return to the game at some point in the future.

Message 5 of 85 (18,135 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hey @asimilation I managed to fix my problem (haven't tested the mode fully yet but at least now I can actually get into it).

I essentially just changed my DNS settings to Google's (instructions here: https://ps4dns.com/fastest-dns-servers-ps4/) and the whole thing just worked! As I've mentioned before, I use a PS4 though so I'm not sure how relevant this fix is for PC users like you. Either way, good luck!

Message 6 of 85 (18,096 Views)

Cant connect to EAS FC servers

★★★ Newbie

hello, i have one big problem.. i buy fifa 20 today, download is okey, fifa start, Profi clubs okey, online season okey, but volta and FUT is off.. i have problem with fifa servers... why? please help me Frown idk what to do

Message 7 of 85 (18,012 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi @i_am_good_2020 I tried your way but seem like this not work for me. I have the same problem on PC, any else ideas?

Message 8 of 85 (18,037 Views)

Volta not loading

★★★ Newbie

Every time I try to load Volta, it comes up with " there was an error accessing sever data, please try again" this has been happening for days

Message 9 of 85 (17,972 Views)

Unable for play Volta mode

★★★ Novice

Please help me, I can't play Volta mode and get error "Unable to connect to the EA servers at this time." but I still can play online with FUT or another mode in FIFA 20. Anyone can help me to fix this problem?

Message 10 of 85 (17,987 Views)