Re: FIFA 20 Crashing on PC

by ikbenmikew

Original Post

FIFA 20 Crashing on PC

★★ Novice

Hi, i bought the game yesterday and then played for about 4 hours normally, i only play career mode btw, before the first crash happened, it was randomly after finishing a match in career mode, then today it kept happening all the time, in the first minutes everything looks fine but then it crashes, sometimes when i'm in the squad hub, or after finishing a game, or about to start one, when i'm about to give a press conference interview, etc.

I already tried reparing the game but nothing changes.

Message 1 of 16 (15,350 Views)

★ Novice
@ymva11 this keeps on happening with Fifa on PC. I bought mine last Saturday and i have 3 cases on my EA account right now. Customer service only says to uninstall and install the game again or asks to delete all files including saved career mode. Even as i am writing this, my game is being installed for the 4th time.
Message 2 of 16 (15,313 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

Same for me, career mode is for the SECOND time unplayable agan.

Thank you EA!

Message 3 of 16 (15,300 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @ymva11,

Can you try these steps https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/pc-graphics-troubleshooting/#updatedrivers to ensure you have the latest drivers installed and let me know if that helps?
EACade
Message 4 of 16 (15,279 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem, updated drivers, updated directx, reinstalled entire fifa and origin. Nothing works. Its not on our side, its on your side EA!

Message 5 of 16 (15,267 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Cade, i tried the following:

-Update nvdia drivers

-Add gaming profile

-Change in-game settings

-Uninstall and reinstall

-Changing directx type

And nothing worked, the only new thing now is that i get this error message sometimes.

Message 6 of 16 (15,248 Views)

★★ Novice
@DiscoHond2016 Did this started happening with you after Update 5? or since you bought the game? i'm seeing many people with the same problem so maybe it's bc of the update.
Message 7 of 16 (15,242 Views)

★★ Novice

After the update, just started crashing

Message 8 of 16 (15,220 Views)

Community Manager
Hey all,

Are any of you limiting your FPS by chance? If so, try upping the limit to 120 FPS.

Also make sure Windows and all the drivers are up-to-date: http://bit.ly/UpdatingDrivers
EACade
Message 9 of 16 (15,192 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey guys, i changed to directx 11 and now it's working fine, it seems that when you change the game settings it changes to directx 12, so i went and changed again and until now it didn't crash

Message 10 of 16 (15,159 Views)
Twitter Stream