sea of solitude on ps5 is very glitchy

by SalSalami

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sea of solitude on ps5 is very glitchy

★ Novice

I’m trying to play sea of solitude on ps5 but it’s very glitchy with lots of pop in, even when paused. Can you please help? 

Here's a video from youtube, it seem like the game is unplayable on ps5 - https://youtube.com/watch?v=EqngX5ZIjys

Message 1 of 18 (13,218 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sea of solitude on ps5 is very glitchy

Community Manager
@SalSalami Wanted to confirm if this is still happening, If so can you rebuild your PS5 Database?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 18 (13,047 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@SalSalami Wanted to confirm if this is still happening, If so can you rebuild your PS5 Database?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 18 (13,048 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Illium I am having the same issue. Every time I try to play "Sea of Solitude" the game is unplayable on my PS5. I really wanted to play this game and was unsure if maybe an PS5 upgrade was in the works. Maybe the Director's Cut was possible in the near future as well. However, I cannot seem to be able to play this game at all. The level design is experiencing severe pop in. I reached out to Sony support and they will not refund me my money. With all the Cyberpunk 2077 buzz, it's comical that this policy hasn't improved. I can say my frustration for this game exceeds that of Cyberpunk. Mainly because I am able to actually play Cyberpunk. But Sea of Solitude is unplayable on PS5.
Message 3 of 18 (12,869 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm also having the same problem. It's literally unplayable.

My PS5 is fine, fully updated, and I've tried restarting & rebuilding database. Issue is the software. Assets keep popping in and out rapidly, I almost had a seizure.

This has the potential to really hurt someone. I'm disabled.

Message 4 of 18 (12,856 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@SalSalami go play a way out
Message 5 of 18 (12,646 Views)

Sea of solitude unplayable

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

Bought sea of solitude yesterday.. been on my steam wishlist for a while but ended up buying it on PS5.

A big mistake as it turns out that this game is literally unplayable on PS5, severe flickering as assets pop in and out of view.....

Decided to google my issues as my troubleshooting didnt take me anywhere and turns out there is alot of people having these exact issues.

This isn't my video but what I, and a bunch of other players have been experiencing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1zra3UDxpg

Rebuilding sadly doesn't have any effect, would be nice if EA would look into this...

Message 6 of 18 (12,182 Views)

Re: Sea of solitude unplayable

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this exact same issue, and Playstation isn't offering a refund on a broken game, and said to contact EA. Please get back to us on this EA, this issue needs to be reported so we are eligible for a refund. I'm very frustrated.

Message 7 of 18 (12,101 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@SalSalami Yep. Can still confirm it's broken AF on PS5 as of 09/23/21.

Please fix it EA or at least refund us?
Message 8 of 18 (11,887 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The problem still persists. 

This problem has been going on for months. 

And EA has done nothing to solve it. 

If they are not going to so anything about it the game shouldn't be downloable on PS5. 

MONTHS AND MONTHS and EA has done nothing to solve it. 

Wasted money. 

Message 9 of 18 (11,808 Views)

Sea of Solitude - Glitchy as hell PS5

★★★★★ Newbie

Hey guys, it's been more than a year since people started to complain about it! EA has done nothing to solve this problem, but we have already spent our money on it.

When are we going to see an update to this game so we can play it on PS5? Fe is also buggy, but at least playable.

This is very disappointing. Can you help us?

Thanks

Message 10 of 18 (10,981 Views)