Why does Origin not work for A Way Out

by jmassagam

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why does Origin not work for A Way Out

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi i am having this problem with A Way Out. i got it on steam and it took me to origin to play the game. And whenever i try to open the game it just says you are missing VCRUNTIME140.dll. And it says restarting may help. I have done that and reinstalled both the game and origin and it still says it.

Message 1 of 2 (1,161 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why does Origin not work for A Way Out

Community Manager
@jmassagam Check in the games installation folder for the VC++ installer. The location should be something like (C / install folder / A way out / __Installer \ vc) run all installers found in the 2013 and 2015 (reddist) folders then try to launch the game again.

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,137 Views)

All Replies

Re: Why does Origin not work for A Way Out

Community Manager
@jmassagam Check in the games installation folder for the VC++ installer. The location should be something like (C / install folder / A way out / __Installer \ vc) run all installers found in the 2013 and 2015 (reddist) folders then try to launch the game again.

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 2 (1,138 Views)