Unravel: can't swing

by susb8383

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unravel: can't swing

★★★ Newbie

I just started playing Unravel on a PC, Win 10. I'm stuck in Thistle and Weeds. I'm at the part where I need to lasso/swing from consecutive branches of a tree. But when i lasso the first branch, it won't let me swing. I can climb up or down, but hitting the side arrow keys to swing just has him look in a different direction. If I release D to release the lasso, he just hangs in midair.

Note that I was able to swing earlier in the game.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Here's a video of what I mean:

Message 1 of 3 (1,825 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unravel: can't swing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

While waiting for their team to get back to me, I figured it out on my own so I closed the ticket.

I've had the game glitch like this a number of times now. It gets confused and doesn't realize the environment Yarney is in, so he should be able to swing but he just sits there, etc.  One time I grabbed the yarn tail and tried to climb down. It made a pile of yarn beneath me and Yarney went through the motions of climbing down but he wasn't moving. I believe the problem is when my PC gets low on memory to run it. I don't have a gaming PC or anything very beefy. You'd think the game would hang or quit but instead it glitches in this way. The fix is for me to get out of the game totally and restart it, then everything operates as it should.

I'm glad it was such an easy fix because I'm really enjoying this game. I find it absolutely charming and the graphics are unbelievable.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (1,757 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
I just reported it to EA using Chat. He said he would pass it along to the team and I'll get an email from them confirming if it's a bug. I'll post the results here.
Message 2 of 3 (1,798 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

While waiting for their team to get back to me, I figured it out on my own so I closed the ticket.

I've had the game glitch like this a number of times now. It gets confused and doesn't realize the environment Yarney is in, so he should be able to swing but he just sits there, etc.  One time I grabbed the yarn tail and tried to climb down. It made a pile of yarn beneath me and Yarney went through the motions of climbing down but he wasn't moving. I believe the problem is when my PC gets low on memory to run it. I don't have a gaming PC or anything very beefy. You'd think the game would hang or quit but instead it glitches in this way. The fix is for me to get out of the game totally and restart it, then everything operates as it should.

I'm glad it was such an easy fix because I'm really enjoying this game. I find it absolutely charming and the graphics are unbelievable.

Message 3 of 3 (1,758 Views)