[Info] Rocket Arena Ranked Play

by EA_Leeloo

Original Post

Re: [Info] Rocket Arena Ranked Play

★ Apprentice
@Comixfan i agree - so far i've been doing really well at rocketball/knockout but havent found my footing in megarocket... i'm just not a fan of KOTH style modes.
Message 11 of 28 (2,131 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Anxsighety wrote:

I do think you should consider individual performance when it comes to ranked. Most games are starting to implement this, and win/loss ratio is not a true indicator of player skill all of the time.

It's not a true indicator of individual skill at all, especially not when you consider many players solo queue and have no control over what teammates they end up with.

Message 12 of 28 (2,105 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I'm sure you all know that already but just in case, since it was discussed here: changes to Ranked Play have been made! Standard smile 

- Leeloo

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 13 of 28 (2,034 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@EA_Leeloo Didn't know but love the change. I have nothing against rocket ball... except that it's heavily influenced by your teammates actually knowing what they're doing and without voicing things it usually ends up sour in my case... but am I glad it's out of ranked. 6 games... 4 games rocketball in Supersonic Heights... can drive anyone crazy :P
Message 14 of 28 (2,015 Views)

@Koochi-Q wrote:
Didn't know but love the change. I have nothing against rocket ball... except that it's heavily influenced by your teammates actually knowing what they're doing and without voicing things it usually ends up sour in my case... but am I glad it's out of ranked. 6 games... 4 games rocketball in Supersonic Heights... can drive anyone crazy :P

I'm not glad it's removed from Ranked matches.

Rocketball was the only gamemode in Ranked that I can at least do well in. I'm garbage in Mega Rocket and especially Knockout in Ranked. D:

Why Me Crying GIF by Team Coco - Find & Share on GIPHY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 15 of 28 (2,006 Views)

★★★ Guide
good job
Message 16 of 28 (1,999 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@TheRealJony At least give me another map for rocketball! 80% is supersonic heights! Everytime I saw that map I was like "damnit rocketball again?!" And then the cheery guy says "rocketball!" and I just envision how he's smiling behind the map with a menacing smile rubbing a cat and saying "yesssss... My plan to drive you insssssane issss working" as he slithers his S's.

Maybe choose another character for those modes? Who do you play with?
Message 17 of 28 (1,972 Views)

@Koochi-Q wrote:
At least give me another map for rocketball! 80% is supersonic heights!

The RNG gods were messing with you. Tongue out

Koochi-Q wrote:
Everytime I saw that map I was like "damnit rocketball again?!" And then the cheery guy says "rocketball!" and I just envision how he's smiling behind the map with a menacing smile rubbing a cat and saying "yesssss... My plan to drive you insssssane issss working" as he slithers his S's.

Every time I hear the announcer say "Rocketball", I get excited and pumped to play it. :3

Opposite effect for me. lol XD

Koochi-Q wrote:
Maybe choose another character for those modes? Who do you play with?

I change between characters for each game mode.

For both Knockout and Rocketball, I use either Amphora or Rev.

For Megarocket, I use Kayi.

I'm still bad at this game though. I'm more of a racer than a shooter. lmao XD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 18 of 28 (1,952 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@TheRealJony Those are good characters for the modes, just keep at it and you'll be knocking balls or ppl out left and right. Well if you're a racer you should be accustomed to the speed at least... maybe not so much for fast turning and aiming tho :P but definitely for tracking...
Message 19 of 28 (1,945 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Ah, we all know how it is ... changes are never for everyone. But it'll be fine, the tweet said "We're temporarily removing Rocketball from Pre-Season. It will return at the start of S1 with some updates (stay tuned for patch notes)" -

so for those who liked it, it will be back soon (only a few more sleeps until July 28th!!) and for those who didn't - enjoy it being gone for now (and look forward to the updates that might make it a funner mode for you). See, it's all good! Large smile

@TheRealJony I feel ya! I still haven't quite mastered it yet (oh the shame!) but I'm taking @Koochi-Q's advice and will keep at it. Maybe there's still hope for me ... Tongue out

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 20 of 28 (1,908 Views)