A Way Out - Crashing to desktop

by SheraneeTV

Original Post

Accepted Solution

A Way Out - Crashing to desktop

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Illium I actually encounter the same problem. I respect all of the specs and, when I launch A Way Out, it crashes within two minutes, all while not mentioning a problem. Can I get support please ?

Message 1 of 18 (14,902 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: A Way Out - Crashing to desktop

Community Manager

Hi @SheraneeTV To Default your Nvidia over intel, there's a nice guide here, from Nvidias forums. If you updated to a different Card other than Nvidia the process might look a little different. 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 11 of 18 (19,708 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @SheraneeTV

I moved you post off the previous thread, Would it be possible to get a Dxdiag? 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 18 (14,868 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Illium

Here is what I find when I search for the Dxdiag. I hope this is what you meant by your request.

Operating system: Windows 11

System Model: Alienware m15 r6

BIOS: 1.9.1

Processor: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz (16CPUs), 2.3GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

DirectX Version : DirectX 12

The DirectX Features are all enabled.

I tried removing all the cache from Origin and reinstalling the game, but it keeps crashing.

Thank you for your help !

SheraneeTV

Message 3 of 18 (14,844 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @SheraneeTV Would it be possible to get the full file, you can find a guide here: DxDiag?

Illium.png

Message 4 of 18 (14,832 Views)

★★ Novice

Here it is.

Message 5 of 18 (14,824 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@SheraneeTV Can you default the Laptop to use the Dedicated Nivida card versus the intel UHD graphics? You also need to disable power saver, or select a performance option.

Illium.png

Message 6 of 18 (14,809 Views)

Community Manager
@SheraneeTV Wanted to check if you've had a moment to try the suggestion above?

Illium.png

Message 7 of 18 (14,789 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Illium I do have a moment, but I don't know how to. Although, I tried to do what is said on the following link to fix a bug with another game and it seems like A Way Out doesn't crashes anymore. Is it normal ?

Here's the link : https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019775837?product=gog

Thank you !
Message 8 of 18 (14,785 Views)

Community Manager
@SheraneeTV It is possible the link you shared would seem to indicate its an issue with the 10th gen chip, as the steps are having you lower performance. If this fixed a way out it could be possible the chip was having issues running the game under normal conditions.

I don't have much information, for specific hardware having performance issues, I can share this with the team, let us know if anything changes.

Illium.png

Message 9 of 18 (14,738 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey there !

I updated my graphic card and removed what I did in the article to check if it fixed the problem, but it didn't. Here is the information I've been able to collect from the crash:

Source
A Way Out

Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎2022-‎02-‎23 5:09 PM

Status
Report sent

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\AWayOut\Haze1\Binaries\Win64\AWayOut.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: AWayOut.exe
Application Version: 1.0.62.0
Application Timestamp: 5a9971a2
Fault Module Name: AWayOut.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.0.62.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 5a9971a2
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000000000000b863
OS Version: 10.0.22000.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 4105
Additional Information 1: d86a
Additional Information 2: d86aa97a9fe70b61e012aba27ae2234f
Additional Information 3: e2dc
Additional Information 4: e2dc9676c137e2251e4ae087cfbc7447

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 153eb99f9b4639242cfbb728899fc2ab (2088464236951880363)

I don't know what I'm suppose to make out of this, but I thought it could be useful. As for changing the default graphic card, could you explain to me how to do so please ?

Thank you once again !

Message 10 of 18 (14,722 Views)