Xbox account linked to deleted account, no way to unlink

by MrBlueEyes88

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Xbox account linked to deleted account, no way to unlink

★★★ Newbie

I want to link my active EA account(since 2014) with my xbox gamertag to I can play EA games using Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

But I can't connected it because it's linked to a deleted account. I don't know how this is possible. Because how can you connect something with something thats deleted???

Chat can't help me out, they keep repeating to restore the account, but thats no option. And that shouldnt matter because the account is already deleted, so how can it be connected to my xbox gamertag?

Message 1 of 3 (403 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Xbox account linked to deleted account, no way to unlink

★★★ Newbie

I finally found the emailadress after trying many emailadresses I used in the past! This one was the one that was linked to my xbox gamertag so I could finally unlink it.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (254 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @MrBlueEyes88,

Deleting an account does not actually unlink any connected platforms, which would be the reason that can't just be connected to your new account.

This page  goes into the details of deleting an account as well as recovering a deleted account, which is generally the easiest option if you still have access to that initial email address.

If you no longer have access to that email address, then our support team would need to go through that account recovery process instead to try and verify enough separate information about the account to make any changes.

I'm afraid that is not something we'd be able to look into further on the forums, so reaching back out to support would be necessary if you're no longer able to just undelete the account yourself with the steps linked earlier.

Mako.png
Message 2 of 3 (391 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I finally found the emailadress after trying many emailadresses I used in the past! This one was the one that was linked to my xbox gamertag so I could finally unlink it.

Message 3 of 3 (255 Views)