Xbox account linked to deleted account, no way to unlink

by mattvds

Original Post

Re: Gamertag Linked to Deleted EA Account

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Jason I thank you for actually trying to help. Sorry for sounding a little rude early on. Life is so exhausting. :/
Message 71 of 358 (1,584 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem as everyone here, apparently I had another EA account that was linked to my Xbox gamertag. I tried every email address i have access to in an attempt to reactivate the deleted account and unlink my Gamertag. I tried calling Xbox to see if they could access the email of the EA account that was linked and no luck. I cant figure out this email. I only ever remember having one EA account so i'm not sure where this other "ghost" account came from.

I had Xbox game pass which comes with EA Play, so i thought it would be a great way to play the new Halo Infinite and Battlefield 2042 all in one subscription. That turned out to be very wrong because of EA's abhorrent handling of deleted accounts. When an EA account is deleted why isn't the Gamertag link deleted too? 

Message 72 of 358 (1,581 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Again, same problem as everyone else here. Problem seems to have started when I switched from an Xbox Live Gold account to a Xbox Game Pass Ultimate account (which I believe automatically signs you up for EA play). Sometime shortly after making the switch and opening Apex, I was prompted to reset my EA password to play Apex. I reset the password, still got the reset password prompt. So I reset it again. Then I get a “unable to connect” prompt on apex. I logged into my EA account and went to the connections page to see if my gamer tag is linked, and there is no linked account. Tried the live support, and was told that my gamer tag is linked to a deleted EA account. I have no recollection of ever deleting an EA account. I am now unable to link my gamer tag to my EA account, because support will not/cannot unlink my gamer tag from the previously deleted (not by me) EA account. Ipso Facto, my Xbox is bricked for the purpose of playing any EA games I own, because of an EA database issue that seems relatively simple to solve. Hoping for an update for all affected.  

Message 73 of 358 (1,560 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same Issue, Xbox Live account appears to be tethered to some deleted EA account (I never had deleted an EA account in the past). Attempted to go through Live Support on both Chat window as well as Phone Call, but both told me I needed to know the email address name to be able to recover the account. Attempted to recover using the 3 email accounts I've used since 2009, but no good. 

Can I just make a point to complain, what kind of garbage system not only creates new accounts to tether to without asking you when you play a game on a system, but also apparently deletes those accounts without untethering them. Why would a deleted account ever have a need to be tethered? I boggles my mind as to how this issue has affected so many people when it shouldn't even be a thing in the first place.

Gamertag: Russian Gunship

Message 74 of 358 (1,412 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Unfortunately, I am in the same boat as the other users in this thread.  For some reason, I can't get past the boot screen of BF 2042 due to account issues, and come to find out per EA, it is associated with a deleted EA account.  Like others, I have never deleted an EA account and have checked all of my various email addresses over the past 20 years and none are associated with an EA account for password recovery.  The mind blowing part is EA has literally told me there is nothing they can do and that I will never be able to play another EA game.  Check out the attached screenshot. Subsequently, EA has banned me from the chat support.  Beyond frustrating.  

It seems like my only option is to create an entire new Xbox Gamertag and EA tag and lose my years of history.  I did not know about the lack of support EA provides but I now have a different opinion about the quality of the company.  Check out these statistics:

https://ea-sports.pissedconsumer.com/customer-service.html

Message 75 of 358 (1,344 Views)

★★★ Novice

I also find myself in this bizarre Kafkaesque situation where I apparently have an old deleted EA account associated with my Gamertag and the support chat team can't unlink it without email verification to an ancient email from over 12 years ago I cannot remember. It's quite frustrating.

Message 76 of 358 (1,240 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Jason I am having the same issue and have been told the same thing by multiple rep's in multiple cases. The gamertag was Dashingsuper, xMGDx Predator1 i just want to use the EA play i am paying for with my Xbox gamepass and i cant because its apparently attached to a deleted account i never created.
Message 77 of 358 (1,627 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same Problem for me. The account was created at least 10 years ago, linked to Xbox and then forgot about it. It got deleted or deactivated and my email address as well. I kind of recovered the mail, but the yahoo ending changed from .de to .com. Even this little change is not done by EA support, although it is the exact same email as before. Already had like 4 chats, 2 emails, a call and hours of research.
@EA_Jason is there any way to change this? Current gamertag is JustforFun and the one before Kanonenfutter94. The best would be to just delete the current link between the old EA account and the Xbox account.

Message 78 of 358 (1,595 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

Unfortunately that's not something that I can help with through the forums @J0st4Fun.

As it is related to the account, we will have to verify that you are the owner of the account first. The only way to have this looked into is through our support teams. 

If the answer was that they are unable to help, then I'm afraid that there is nothing else that I can do. 

Keep in mind that this topic is specifically about Gamertags/PSN IDs that are linked to a deleted EA account and as you mentioned, your account hasn't been deleted. For further questions please reach out to our support team or create a new thread about it on the forums.

Jason.png
Message 79 of 358 (1,565 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just going to keep myself in this forum so if the problem is ever solved for anyone I can comeback.

As I am also facing this problem of having a deactivated or deleted ea account linked to my xbox gametag that I have been using for 10+ years. Grabbed the Ultimate pass on 11/14/21 since 

BF 2042 is launching soon same with Halo Infinite but also because the game I'm playing would get some additional DLC. Well turns out I could not link my accounts through EA play last night. Did some more tries this morning and nothing. Called EA help they said it was a deleted account and they could not see the email used nor the domain, none of the emails I use are associated with the EA account so I was in no way able to unlink them. Called XBox MS and they couldn't do anything about it too. Xbox told me to retry EA and I was in a chat with rep they prompted me something about deleting the account and sure I have never deleted an account since deleting an account you have to go through a rep to do so. Now I have to go through a support ticket to get the Ultimate pass and Xbox Live refunded since it is not worth it due half of the games aren't unplayable. Hopefully this can solve this soon.

Message 80 of 358 (1,523 Views)