Xbox account linked to deleted account, no way to unlink

by mattvds

Original Post

Re: Gamertag Linked to Deleted EA Account

★★ Novice

Exactly the same issue. I've spoke to 4 people and nothing can be done. Beyond infuriating. 

Message 61 of 358 (1,667 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem, my Xbox account is already linked to a deleted EA account (known from chat support).
I'm sure to not had any others EA account so it's really strange, i had my EA account hacked in 2015 but it was recovered by EA support.

It should have an automatic unlink if the EA account is not used for a long time or an automatic unlink when the EA account is closed.

I'm affraid that the only solution is to create a new Xbox account ...

Message 62 of 358 (1,631 Views)

Re: Unlinking my Game Pass account from a deleted EA account that isn't mine

★★★ Novice

@AgentKnese wrote:

I ended up having them delete all information associated with my GamerTag. You need a letter from Microsoft that you own the GamerTag. They are very quick to provide a PDF of that. Unfortunately, you lose all you stuff, but you can play games. Fortunately, you purchase games through Microsoft so you should be able to redownload without having to repurchase. Games and DLC are purchased through Microsoft, however, you will likely lose your in game purchases as those are linked to EA. 

I just tried this with no resolution.

To access my old account they wanted the IP Address used, DOB, Phone Number, a purchase on the account and the purchase date, last 4 digits of the credit card.

I never made any purchases and didn’t link a credit card.

However IP address was an absolutely ridiculous requirement as they change frequently and I have absolutely no hope of getting the IP address I was using 7 years ago and probably just as many houses ago.

I now know the email address, but Microsoft deleted it due to inactivity, they’re unable to get it back for me because it’s been too long and they’re unable to recreate it for me either.

Any other clues to get your resolution? I provided a screenshot of your fix, and a link to this forum, however Mohit said that isn’t possible and the only way is to provide the details outlined above.

Message 63 of 358 (1,518 Views)

Re: Unlinking my Game Pass account from a deleted EA account that isn't mine

★★★ Newbie

I just refunded BF 2042. Xbox linked to deleted ea account and nothing can be done. guess im never playing ea games

Message 64 of 358 (1,431 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Having the same issue. My age old account was deleted and I can't remove the link. Why the * isn't the link automatically removed? Insane. And the chat support can't help either. Unbelievable...

Message 65 of 358 (1,404 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team
@SlixFPS Did you at any point delete an EA account?
Jason.png
Message 66 of 358 (1,402 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hey @EA_Jason,

I don't think I ever did. The account might've been disabled and I can't sign in/change the password because I have a new account linked to the E-Mail Address. So I always reset the password from my "newer" account.  I currently have two accounts with two different E-Mail Addresses.

I tried to log in on the EA Desktop app with my Xbox account but it says my login credentials have changed.

Message 67 of 358 (1,660 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

In that case I want to double check a few things. I won't be able to fix this for you, but I have raised this with the teams to be looked into. 

What is the username of your Xbox account?

Jason.png
Message 68 of 358 (1,654 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Jason Currently Slix#8025 / Slix8025
Previous names: Ryze Slix, Slixv6, leopardleo0909 (Should be in that order.)
Message 69 of 358 (1,650 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team
@SlixFPS thank you very much.
Jason.png
Message 70 of 358 (1,639 Views)